Any Tips on Getting Referrals - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    how many marines get meritoriously promoted in mos training, one per squad or one per platoon or just anyone who performs well?

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The scribe, The Guide, Prac Recruit, Top Ten Percent are likely, And Sqaud Leaders? or no?

odc25 basic is the army. Boot Camp is the Marines.

I have found it very hard to refer some people. Most of the people in my school are babies and wont join the Marines because "they dont want to die" or "its too hard". All of the other kids that I have accually gotten into the recruiters didnt sign up because there parents wont let them. Its hard to find people that are dedicated enough to join the Marines, let alone the military.

Pel

The scribe, The Guide, Prac Recruit, Top Ten Percent are likely, And Sqaud Leaders? or no?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From my experience:

In boot camp - Guide, Squad Leaders and 1 or 2 exceptional recruits are promoted.

In MCT - Company Honorman is promoted to PFC if he's a Private

In MOS School - Top 2 graduates are promoted to LCpl.

I was guide in boot camp, but I got fired. I was squad leader/scribe at MCT, and I got fired. But right now it seems as if I'll be the honor grad at MOS school, which means I would graduate LCpl.

Credits
    Savings
    sunman but the scribe does doesnt he? atleast thats what I had heard.

Hey Sunman, I'm from Holland, just a hop skip and jump away from you. Do you know if the recruiter in the area is any good, I've met only with the GySgt at the college I'm leaving this Thursday and want to meet with someone locally to talk some more about enlistment and all of that.

Credits
    Savings
    DEPJon... holland MI? I think your closer to me there.

I live on the north side of Holland, graduated from West Ottawa in 03 and will be leaving GVSU after this year for service. Do poolees get together to train at all? A friend of mine in GR was a water survival instructor in the USMC before he became a paramedic, I'll be training with him some this year but would be all about hooking up with some others as well.

Credits
    Savings
    DEPJon are you dep'ed in? I know it says it in your name but if you are and went through RSS grand rapids I dont know how you wouldnt know that we get together on tuesdays and wensday nights. RSS Grand Rapids poolees are the best prepaired going into boot camp I think we were ranked number one in the nation. Top 5 for sure. Stop by the rss sometime on 54th street and 131...

I'm actually at school in NC right now and have been workign with a recruiter in Wilkesboro, but I'm coming home Thursday and plan to work out the details with the local recruiter when I get there. Where is 54th street at- up towards the ballpark??

Credits
    Savings
    no... other direction. start downtown hop on the 131 towards 28th street just keep on going out past it to 54 street get off the free way turn right... first light turn right... and youll see the military recruit station after like 100 feet.

pel

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i ship out in two weeks and i just got my second refferal and picked up PFC!!!

I Just keep looking at my friends potentials, some have great potential. thats how i got 3 people. Try looking at friends's of friends.

Either way, i am not doing it for the rank or the money, im doing it to keep the Marine Corps the way it is. Kickass. I dont know how it is, because i havent been in it. But im saying its kickass because the people i know love it.

-Zach

Registered User Free Member iowasurfer2's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The best thing you can do to get referrals is to get those people in front of your recruiter. Don't try to sell the Marine Corps to your friends. You only have 2nd hand knowledge of the product. Recruiters to 7 weeks of professional sales training and have a greater knowledge of the product they're selling than anyone else out there. Let them work for you. When I was recruiting just a couple years back, I told of my poolees to just put 2 bodies in my chair each week, and I promise they will ship PFC. It worked everytime. Ask your recruiter what his (true) closing ratio is. That will tell you how many people you need to put in his chair in order to get 1 referral. If his ratio is 4 to 1, that means he needs to perform 4 interviews to write 1 contract. What this means to you is that if you can get 8 people to just sit down and listen to him, you should get promoted. It's all in the numbers, and numbers don't lie! The people don't have to be committed to being a Marine to come in the office, just open to listening to what the Corps can offer for 20 minutes. That's when we work our magic. It's what we get payed for, let us earn our paychecks. You get what I'm sayin?

welcome to the club buddy... It is hard to find those people. My recruiter and I went AC'ing in several places and were successful in this place; A nursery (THE PLANT GROWING ONE)! There is always a high school or college age guy working there and so far my recruiter got a card filled everytime he goes there. It all depends on your sparking their interest.

Thread Information