VA Benefits? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VA Benefits?

it would be great if you could get your scripts, refilled on line instead of
    trying all day to get through on their telephone lines. sometimes it takes
    20 to 30 min,s just to get through to their automated refill line, I dont know if all off the V.A.s are the same but Wichita,s got to be the worst
    when you try to call for anything.
    But they say they are working on it, but I have heard that for 10 years
    maybe someday it will happen.

Question

Glad to hear that someone is getting something. After 21 years in the Corps, I was only awarded 10% due to "anxiety disorder." Although I suffer from short term memory loss, night sweats, bad back, diabetes, etc., all are non-service related. According to the people who are responsible for VA benefits for Desert Storm vets, the only thing that I am trying to do is rip off money from the government. Mind you that the award was BEFORE they allowed VA to send you a check apart from your retirement check. The only "benefit" would have been that it moved from taxable to non-taxable.

Anyone have an idea if this mentality has been fixed yet???

humm

Originally posted by Ed Palmer
    God I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO SPELL AND TYPE. sorry bout that
    Palmer you and me must have the same keybord brand...

When I left the Corps

They had me down as disabled, zero percent disability, until I heard that in California my kids could go to college free even if I was at zero as long as there was something in writing. So, I checked into it and they found that in my records, but set me up for an appointment with a VA shrink, poor doc has never been the same since then.

I just wanted a certificate that would say that the US Government had found me 100% sane, and I would have settled for them to say I was only 10% nuts, because that would mean the Government had determined that I was 90% sane. After all I figured who else would get a certificate from the US Government that declares them 90% sane?

Well that didn't work.

They wrote me off at 40% and within a few months made it 100%

I guess they took it seriously when I answered their questions.

I mean the shrink asked me, “when were you in Vietnam”

And I answered him;

"Last Night."

He didn't ask me anymore questions after that...

LOL

Credits
    Savings
    SparrowHawk,

Was that you next to me?

It could have been

Originally posted by Sgt0811
    SparrowHawk,

Was that you next to me?
    We were on Hill 65, and I kept asking for more ammo, but the cannon cockers, kept firing their guns and no one could hear me....

Question for the VA Guru
    I got out x-mas eve 89 RE-1a. I never got evaluated nor was I ever advised to get evaluated pertaining to my left foot.
    I had to have surgery on it during my first hitch. Towards the end of my second hitch, LtCol. Lendaro (My C/O) had to submit a written request to the Commanding General IMEF FMF requesting a transfer to a non-airborne unit due to my chronic medical problems with my left foot.
    I have all the original paperwork and copies of my medical records pertaing to what transpired.
    I have been to the VA Medical Center here in San Diego twice. Paper keeps getting lost in the shuffle. I just requested copies of my records myself from NPRC.
    Iwent to my own Dr. afew months. He says that this happened while in the military and the VA should take care of it or at least look into it.
    The VA seems to acknowledge everything. But, it seems to me that they don't want to be bothered. (That's just my impression)
    What else can I do?
    sadibenz@cox.net

I also just completed the va-form 21-526 via: internet instead of going to the office again.

Hey Snipowski, got home from work today and found a check from VA in the mail. Well below what I expected. So will have to call and verify what this is for?

Credits
    Savings
    sadibenz
    go here:
    http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp

start filing application for disability compensation.
    Make sure you send everything to the VA regional office in your state:
    all private medical records since seperation, marriage cert, divorce decree, birth certificates, social security numbers of dependents, tell them where you have been seen for your disability.
    Number one,
    you must have a disability a current diagnosis and prognosis.
    If you need asssitance, contact a national veteran service representative usually found in the yellow pages or at the VA Regional Office.

HI CAS

Miss you, take care have a great New Year's....

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Cookie,
    Love ya and miss ya too! Happy New Year to you and all of your women!

Registered User Free Member Gilroy's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Have Bilateral Titnitis if it is spelled right in both ears. Pay me 10% for it. Are they going to ever give us 10% more for the second screwed up ear. To whom may have the answer??? thank you.

Registered User Free Member Gilroy's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I am new and hope you all welcome me to this forum. I just found it by accident. Thank you to all and a happy new year.

cjjohnson
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome aboard Gilroy and welcome home. You want to talk Marine then you found a home. I have to talk Marine all the time and I'm not even a Marine...Dad and boyfriend are. Dad is combat vet from Korea and my boyfriend is a 3 tour Vietnam vet. Happy new year Chief.

Thread Information