"An Army Of One" - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    ROTC cadet/student
    That was very astute! I knew there was something bugging me about his language conflicting with his "OCS" profile.

You must need a good ASVAB for avionics!

Not to brag but, my ASVAB was above average. I am sure yours was up there also...considering you used the word ASTUTE. lol

878, what are you 14? Get a life pal...Are you so thin skinned that you can't understand when someone is joking around? No one is knocking any fighting man/woman. We as Marines have a tendency to poke fun at anyone, ( especially ourselves) and those of us that have been in a war zone know only too well the seriousness of battle and the the effort made by all parties. Army, Navy, Air Force but especially Marines have all given their all...we are partial to our Marine Corps simply because we are the best at what we do! Read a little history my friend and see why we are called up first...

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Profile says he's 20 - attitude says he's 12.

But back to the discussion, the Army of One slogan is false advertising. They want to capitalize on individualism while making everyone dress the same, talk the same, and beat up islamic prisoners the same. Cool - we have teamwork, but individuals take credit.

They promote selfishness and practice something different.

The debut ad: We open with shots of the desert and the sound of a guy panting. Ah, there he is: dashing through the Mojave, under the weight of a large pack. "I am an Army of one," runs the voiceover. "Even though there are 1,045,690 soldiers just like me, I am my own force. With technology, with training, with support, who I am has become better than who I was." A military vehicle, other soldiers, and a helicopter pass by as the camera angles shift. "And I'll be the first to tell you, the might of the U.S. Army doesn't lie in numbers. It lies in me. Corporal Richard Lovett. I am an army of one. And you can see my strength." From a close-up of our strapping soldier we cut to the newly redesigned Army logo and then to the words "Discover Your Strength," against a black background.

Travelling right now, looking for a new home
    Credits
    Savings

Angry

Yeah, if I was an army of one I'd be dead now. Gotta have a team, someone's gotta watch your back. 'Cause if it's not a buddy, it's the enemy, for damn sure.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It's like that interview I saw with with an old Navajo Code Talker after that Nicholas Cage/Adam Beach movie came out.

They asked him, "Were you aware if there was really a Marine assigned to kill you to protect the code?"

He replied, "No, but I was aware 30,000 Imperial Japanese were assigned to kill me!"

I don't think 878 wants to play anymore.

Can't run with the big Devil Dogs, stay on the porch.

Originally posted by yellowwing
    It's like that interview I saw with with an old Navajo Code Talker after that Nicholas Cage/Adam Beach movie came out.

They asked him, "Were you aware if there was really a Marine assigned to kill you to protect the code?"

He replied, "No, but I was aware 30,000 Imperial Japanese were assigned to kill me!"
    WHAT A GREAT REPLY!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Shut-up! What the hell web sight do you think you are at?

?!

878 will be a natural for an army of one....the same army who court martials it's soldiers for following orders to Humiliate prisoners who cheer at the site of the twin towers falling and takes absalutely no action against an entire unit who commits mutiny because THEY determined the risks were un-necessary

Thats why you join an all volunteer unit, leg units are the ones causing those problems, goto the Rangers, or SF and see how much they complain about being deployed, or what missions they do.

Patdaly...who were you directing that post at?

Talking

Isn't America a great country? Even Smoking878 can come on a Marine site a cal us names.
    As some Marines said a long time ago;
    "Its my dog, I can kick my dog, but I'll kick any body Alpha Serria Serria, who tries to kick my dog!"
    We all know that we were comparing the recruiting slogans.
    Just like we compare boot camp against basic of all the other services.
    As we used to say in Vietnam; "It don't meant NOTHING!"
    It was all in jest or a bit for humor.
    Are we denigrating another service?
    Would we make fun of the dead?
    I don't believe we would.
    The Army pokes fun at us, so we return the favor.
    Its all just in jest.
    I for one would never poke fun at the Army, because all my uncles served in the Army during World War II and one also served in Korea during the 50's.
    Yes, Smoking878 has a thin skin, so we suggest that he does not run with the Big Devil Dogs, he might get mauled.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

Thread Information