Marines rally around buddy - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    why in the hell are we even talking about this. the marine had been shot at all week, had just received fire, and the room was not secure. he did his job , ask any grunt , and they will tell you they would have done the same thing. this is not n atrocity, this is not against the law of war.
    how many times have Marines been shot at by the enemy as they feigned surrender . Not one ****ing iraqi is worth the life of one of our Marines.
    I am in iraq right now and all the Marines here have heard this bull****. If they prosecute this Marine , Im getting out. I dont want to be part of this gun club anymore if I do what im told and when it comes time to back my play, the Marine Corps. wont. Bull****!
    They better back his play bucuz that Marine did his job and guarantee that by his action he probably saved lives.

Semper Fidelis

The Marine did nothing wrong and I don't understand why this is even being questioned. Marines go where they are sent and don't question why. They are trained to kill and not be killed. This is not good for the Marine Corps. Carry on and Semper Fi

Outlaw3179...Hang in there. The brotherhood is behind you. Don't let this get in the way of what you were trained to do. You have our support and if there is anything we can do here...we will do it. I have fought in a war with no support and even had to deal with stories like this one. Semper Fi

As i said in another thread we need to make calls to the commandant of the Marine corps and raise hell about this, The more of us Brothers and Sisters that raise hell about this to our Commandant he will listen too. Our Commandant needs to put a stop to allowing any embedded reporters inside our ranks period. if this young marine is brought up on charges This is one Marine that is going to RAISE SO MUCH HELL my congressman and senators are going to be blasted everyday.

Outlaw 3179 hang in there my brother The Marines in leatherneck.com have got your back, another thing Were damn proud of what each and everyone of you are doing over there. Tell the brothers an sisters that old timers are watching and ready to come to your aid if needed.

semper fi
    William T Rogers

Registered User Free Member Doc Crow's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Actually the press I ahev seen on it is not that bad. By the reports some appear to be somewhat justifying it

I agree, not all the press is bad, but we need to just face the simple fact, that unless the Corps was sent by a Clinton, or a Kerry, everything they (the left media) can do to make the current Administration look bad they (the left side of the media) will use, and beat it long after its dead, kind of like the "missing explosives". When it comes to reporting/slandering what is happening around the world, most of the alphabet "news" stations are almost a mirror of Al Jazeera..

This "story" dont have much in the way of having legs, and its not going far, common sense would tell and is telling even those who have never served, you dont leave wounded behind you.. that is a good way to get yourself and your brothers DEAD, not to mention approaching these "good hole" boys who like to be martyrs and take as many with them as they can, let the embeds care for them if they dont like the way its done in war.

I too think those embeds need to go, or be RE-embeded to maybe something like the mess hall at MCRD, or one of the heads at 8th & I, I heard something interesting, any grunt that takes out a martyr, BEFORE the martyr gets to martyrdom, that grunt gets that martyrs 72 virgins? talk about incentive for a job well done!

Outlaw 3179...It would appear that you have our support. We have a lot of signatures on the petition to Congress. Tell our brothers over there in Iraq that we are behind them. Check in again and let us know how you are doing.

Credits
    Savings
    Let's e-mail our congressman. Start with Wayne Gilchrest, MD, he's a wounded Vietnam Marine. Here's his link.

http://gilchrest.house.gov/contact.asp?ContactType=Form

This Marine did what he was trained to do in an unsecure area with free fire orders; shoot first and ask questions later. He had the experience the day before where his fellow Marines were killed and maimed by a prentender.

Semper fi
    DG

Good idea dgallagher...I'm doing that now

this has to be one of the most assinine things I have heard yet. that marine was doing his job. I would expect him to do the same thing were he allowed to repeat the situation. I guess that's how things go though. Those who have never been in the situation are the ones who get to pass judgement. We need to have the embedded reporters pulled from these units. they have no place in combat. none.

Originally posted by dgallagher
    Let's e-mail our congressman. Start with Wayne Gilchrest, MD, he's a wounded Vietnam Marine. Here's his link.

http://gilchrest.house.gov/contact.asp?ContactType=Form

This Marine did what he was trained to do in an unsecure area with free fire orders; shoot first and ask questions later. He had the experience the day before where his fellow Marines were killed and maimed by a prentender.

Semper fi
    DG
    here is a link to The House of Representatives. Just pick your state/territory and it gives you the contact info for that particular congressman.

Thanks for you support braeden. You are in very good company here.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

No longer a danger for the futur

According some right group is what happened with this wounded Iraqi a scandal. What have the Marines to do? Give him medical care so he get better, so he can start over in a few months with killing Marines, blow up civilians with car bombs or beheading hostage.
    This Iraqi is no longer a danger for the future.
    Who is to blame for this? It’s the cameraman who has filmed the incident; he is the man who shoots the Marines in the back.

Support from around the world...Thanks ydna

Thread Information