Re-upping or re-enlisting
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member decuervo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re-upping or re-enlisting

Just went to the local recruiting station here in town to learn a bit more and found out some really cool news. They take your age, subtract the years of active duty, and that's the age they recruit you as. So as a 28 year old with 4 years prior service they take you as if you were 24. How cool is that! That being said I'm thinking about joining the 14th Marine Reserve (infantry) in Waco. Was going to go to OCS and go in as an officer, but the Officer recruiter for the area is a bag of crap. She was late for a few meetings with me and didn't even show up for one. Needless to say that's pretty discouraging. Think I should forge ahead for OCS anyway?

Sounds like a personal decision...Ask yourself these questions: Why did you get out the first time..Why do you want back in now..Did you like officers when you were in..

Credits
    Savings
    I got out to get a degree, I want back in because it feels like going back home, and I had a mustang as a platoon commander I respected more than my own father. Looks like I should go back in. Thanks gbudd.

well lets see here ifin your 53 and served 4 years active does that mean I still can reenlist ???

hrscowboy,

Sign Here:

Name____________________ Date____________

Credits
    Savings
    Hahahaha! If you could you would I know. Got a date of departure for OCS. January. Apparently they're not taking any new people on til after the 1st of the year. Oh well, guess I have the holidays to get ready.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Goodluck, decuervo.

awwwwwwwww hell no i am staying home ...

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey that's terrific, decuervo! I hope you are starting to PT like hell already. I really don't think the Drill Instructors at Quantico will give you any slack!

yellowing tell ya what if you reenlist and we can get cook to do the same along with all the other old timers (old Marine Corps) i will sign the dotted line...

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks yellowwing, I started PT about 5 months ago because this has been on my mind for awhile now. Just had to let my wife in on it and her reaction was, "It took you this long to tell me, I knew what you wanted to do since August. Go sign the papers already". Can't keep anything a secret around her.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    To tell you the truth, I'd be more willing to go back in as a Corpsman. I'd let the young lads lug around the base plates and the 40mm ammo. I'd make myself very small and zip around with the med kit.

Yellowwing where has your sense of adventure went my brother?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Ohhh, I think the Docs in Falluja are having quite the adventure!

I think your gettin soft yellowwing i cant believe this...

Thread Information