'Bloodline to be warriors' - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The reason indians rode painted horses was ......

ITs the only ones they could catch........ hahahahahaha

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I finally got back in touch with my Apache buddy in Tennessee. He's the Navy Seal with 3 tours in the RVN.

Anyway, when I talked to him two years ago lymphoma, from all those chemicals he says, was really eating him up. He was so knocked up with meds it was painful to try to carry on a converstion with him.

So last night he calls me sounding fantastic! He had gone back to the Rez in Arizona basically to die in his homeland. But the Elders worked on him as a last resort.

"For four days I thought they were trying to kill me!", he said. But they eventually healed him.

The VA Doctors in Nashville are amazed there is no trace of the disease!

the power of faith. I may not be a religious man, but I do believe in faith. I am very happy for your friend, Yellowing.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah, I was raised as a good Methodist by a fine Tennessee family, returning to my roots was a big challenge of faith.

The breakthough came when the Elder told me, "There is no such thing as imagination. It's really happening somewhere else. Sometimes you have the choice to catch up with it or not."

The Elders working on my buddy knew there was a place where he was completely healed. They took the time and measures to guide him there. And he was healed.

This age old practice is now being ripped off by Tony Robbins types! Think and grow rich, blah-blah-blah, send us $199 and we'll show you how.

hell, i don't need anyone to heal me, and never have. I KNOW that I can do it myself, and find the healing withing me. to hell with tony robbins, and all of his Ilk

PBS had a show on last night called "Wind Whisperers" about the Navajo code talkers. In Nov. 2001 they were finally recognized for their actions by the government, with Pres. G. W. Bush reading a speach and handing out awards.

The Navajo's Marine Corps League translated the Marines Hymn and Star Spangled Banner, and no matter what language that these 2 songs are in, they still send chills down my spine.

Why I Serve: 'Brotherhood' Unlike Any Other

WASHINGTON, Nov. 24, 2004 -- "I chose to serve in the Marine Corps because it
    has a 'brotherhood' unlike that of any of the other services," said Staff Sgt.
    Bradley J. Cress.

As a teenager, Cress was fascinated by the Marine Corps' gung-ho attitude, esprit de corps, high public esteem, fame, glory, loyalty and honor.

Now 27, the Marine is administration chief for the General Officer Desk, Special Projects Directorate for the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

"I also serve in the armed forces because I want to help people," said the Buffalo, N.Y., native.

Cress is a member of New York's Seneca Nation. His assignments have taken him to many interesting places around the world. He served as an orders and legal clerk with Marine Aircraft Group 12, Marine Air Logistics Squadron 12 in Iwakuni, Japan, then attended the Marine Security Guard School, at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va. In 1997, he was assigned to the American Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark.

While there, he went on temporary duty to Kampala, Uganda, to serve as personal security for President Clinton.

In March 1999, Cress was assigned to the American Embassy in N'Djamena, Chad. He next served as administration chief for the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the Pentagon before being assigned to the Directorate for the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

His advice to young American Indians who are thinking about serving in the armed forces is, "There are no handouts. You make or break your career. There are many opportunities that young (Native Americans) would not otherwise have coming from most of the reservations across the nation."

Cress said having American Indian Heritage Month is "a great concept. But I believe it counters the idea that we're all Americans -- whether citizens or not."

Even though societal attitudes toward Indians are changing for the better, the concept of "scalping" bothers him immensely, Cress said. "Scalping is the largest misconception about American Indians I've come across," he noted. "This was not a Native American 'invention or tradition.' We're taught this came from the Europeans who wanted 'trophies.'"

Being called an "Indian" is another word that bothers some tribal members, he said. "My father is not Indian," he pointed out. "My mother is 'Native American.' The term 'Indian' is offensive to the older types of our Nation.

[img]http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Nov2004/2004112409a_72.jpg[./img]

Marine Staff Sgt. Bradley J. Cress, who holds daughter, Isabella, is a member of New York's Seneca Nation. Assignments have taken him around the world.

Ellie

Thread Information