Marine Corps Debate Team
Create Post
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Debate_god21's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Marine Corps Debate Team

I am currently in the process of helping together a Marine Corps Debate Team. This is an excellent chance for Marines to expand their mind, in my opinion. My CO, our SMP coordinator and myself are currently in the process of trying to get this off the ground. Any thoughts?

well, here's a thought. Don't let your EGO get in the way! LOL (referring to your screen name, of course)

other than that, good luck

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Participation is going to make or break you. It's good that your Command supports it. What about the SNCOs?

Coming up with good topics would draw interest. Talk your buddies into it, buy them a beer. When they see how fun and challenging it is they'll stay with it.

Dang! These young Marine's are showing alot of leadership and initiative. We got LivinSoFree dining with a Colonel, now Debate is setting this up.

Must be a product of our Leatherneck guidance and support!

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by yellowwing
    Participation is going to make or break you. It's good that your Command supports it. What about the SNCOs?

Coming up with good topics would draw interest. Talk your buddies into it, buy them a beer. When they see how fun and challenging it is they'll stay with it.

Dang! These young Marine's are showing alot of leadership and initiative. We got LivinSoFree dining with a Colonel, now Debate is setting this up.

Must be a product of our Leatherneck guidance and support!
    Absolutely!

SNCOs know about it, but only a little. I'm getting ready to present a full presentation to my entire command. Topics, also, will have Marine Corps interest as well as topics in the national forum.

Well, I do see some changes being made in the more educated Marine Corps of today.

Back when, if we had the time we would go to the club, sing some songs, drink some beer and fight.

But today it's, go to the club, debate, drink some beer and fight.

Just having fun with your idea.

Good luck on setting up the team. Ah, who will you debate?

Be carefull who you choose to debate. they MAy choose to rebut with a few well placed rounds from an M-16

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Debate_god21,
    I hope that everything works out well for you and your efforts. I would love to see and here a debate about Rules of Engagement between SNCO's and the Legal Staff especially in relation to guerilla warfare. I'd also be interested in knowing what the rules for debate would be and also who would make those rules.
    Good luck to you.
    Osotogary (Gary)

Suggestion:
    Rule #1: Check all weapons at the door.

Good idea debate- good luck

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Debate_god21

Absolutely!

SNCOs know about it, but only a little. I'm getting ready to present a full presentation to my entire command. Topics, also, will have Marine Corps interest as well as topics in the national forum.
    Marines will debate other Marines, respectfully seperating enlisted and officer ranks, for courtesy.

If local colleges wish to participate, then we will let them, under certain conditions (conditions that will prevent conflict between civilian and military personnel).

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Osotogary
    Debate_god21,
    I hope that everything works out well for you and your efforts. I would love to see and here a debate about Rules of Engagement between SNCO's and the Legal Staff especially in relation to guerilla warfare. I'd also be interested in knowing what the rules for debate would be and also who would make those rules.
    Good luck to you.
    Osotogary (Gary)
    An outstanding suggestion, if I may say so myself. I will take that into serious consideration, and bring it up as a possible topic for debate to my CO.

Credits
    Savings
    Any more suggestions for this project? I'm trying to make the final touches on my presentation to our CO.

Registered User Free Member decuervo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Greensideout
    hahahaha! It has always been go to the club, get drunk, get into a debate (over anything, usually something stupid like a pool game) and get in a fight. Usually with the airforce or navy, but if they weren't around we'd fight each other to pass the time.

Credits
    Savings
    My CO has approved the project! Thanks for all your input. I hope this is a very worthwhile project for the Marine Corps!

Registered User Free Member Skinnypup's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Healthy debate is good, but I can think of a lot of other things that Marines should be doing. I assume that this would be "off duty"? I will also assume that your unit is Logistical or Admin... too much time on your hands.
    I see direct orders by superiors wanting to be debated by subordinates. Not good for the Marine Corps.

Rule #1- We do not debate in the Marine Corps
    Rule #2- We do not debate in the Marine Corps
    Rule #3- We do not debate in the Marine Corps

debate..n. v.t. discuss; argue ; consider; take part in a discussion; discussion of opposing views. Reminds me of some stories I heard about the Army in Vietnam. When ordered to take the hill by the CO a debate broke out among the enlisted men about the order. I agree with you Skinnypup....debate is not good for the Marine Corps.

Thread Information