questions...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions...

questions...

I am in the process of joining the marines, going through PLC, and had a few questions for any WMs that had gone this route or were familiar with the process.

What does the initial physical exam entail? (not the pft, the doc's exam)

How much time do we spend with the guys at OCS? We'll be working with guys and mostly with guys when we finish so it seems silly to me to separate us for training.

Are any of you or have any of you worked with a female combat engineer? My major is civil engineering and I'm interested in the MOS, but have come across some articles that said many assignments in the MOS were closed to women since they were classified as front line, which affected promotability and career advancement. Any thoughts on this or on the MOS in general would be appreciated.

That's all for now, but if you have any other advice of things to watch out for or opportunities I should keep in mind please add that too.

Thanks!

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Marines

Wow, a little concerned with the availability of male Marines? LOL

well get ready to be a office pouge cause you wont be driving no emco road grader or a cat bulldozer anywhere that i know of while your in the corps..

Registered User Free Member naclyknine's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    sheesh

Registered User Free Member debk50's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    don't worry about your male counterparts... do your job and do it well with pride....

Military Police would be a great MOS

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    On the USMC.com website there is a form where you can request specific information and recieve current data, Here

eicyak
    Guest Free Member
    Don't worry about what the guys say, stay strong. I'm considering this field myself. I've joined, but don't have an MOS yet, and never been through the process, so I can't tell you much. Don't let what the guys say get to you. If that's what you want to do, go for it.

kill kill kill em all please come to me!!!!!!!!!!!

The PLC is a great program. I did PLC jrs and learned alot. There was a girls platoon there also and oh man were they working hard. Us guys had it easy, but with only 30 girls they had fire watch almost every other day, they went through all the leadership jobs and everything.

I really do respect them though, they worked hard to graduate.

hahahaha what did i say in my first comment no road graders or bulldozers but hell yeah fire watch that says alot ......

SO HOW DO YOU HOLD YOUR PEN?

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    The Marines don't allow females in the Combat Engineer MOS. Just like they don't allow females in the Infantry.

THANK GOD!

If you want to "sight see" while in the military, not give your job 110% effort and do that co-ed thing, the US Army is looking for an Army of One! I'm sure they'd be glad to talk to you.

Originally posted by hrscowboy
    hahahaha what did i say in my first comment no road graders or bulldozers but hell yeah fire watch that says alot ......
    They worked much harder then the guys to finish.

That being said we did get the weekends off.

Thread Information