Women in the Marines? Is it a good thing? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by hrscowboy
    chesty puller said it all gentlemen about the women marine. There shall be a beer machine in every barracks and a brothel house on every base. Now guess where the women marines lived.
    wow. sexist and offensive. Welcome aboard (sigh)

Ha ha ha i knew that would get someone cranked up ....

LOL, not like I am not just as guilty of that kinda thinking from time to time though

Amanda, have you been going to any Poolee functions? I'm not a poolee, but I'm an applicant for both the Naval Academy and NROTC Scholarship, Marine Option of course. We have PT 3 times a week at 6:00 in the morning, plus various other functions. When I first went to PT, it was kind of a culture-shock. All the motivation and yelling... But I got used to it in the first 10 minutes or so, and have loved it ever since. There's litte more motivating that a former DI snarling in your face to "Get your f*cking legs up!" Anyways, to make a long story short, I had to prove myself, just like anyone. The guys had to do the same thing. When I was at the front of the pack for the 3 mile individual run, the guys started to respect me. I could carry my own weight. At the same time, I could be both hardcore AND female. In my experience, that's something that has to be carefully balanced. And, I'm proud to say, I've earned the nickname of K-BAR, hopefully a tag that will follow me to the Fleet. But I've been rambling. Basically, Amanda, you're going to have to prove yourself. I know I'll have to do the same thing over and over as I start my career. But ya know what? I don't really care. I feel the "calling," and that's enough for me.

LOL, well, bit of advice should you MAKE it to the fleet, DO NOT tell anyone what your nickmname WAS or what you would LIKE it to be. If you earn a nickname there, you'll get one.

also, really shouldn't put USMC in your screen name, untill youhave EARNED the right to be a part of it. just fair warning, cause there are some Marines who take that kinda personal.

Fair enough. Is there any way I can change it, or should I just get a new one?

Just wait...you will be issued one...

Need to come in with a New one..........

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Re: Women in the Marines? Is it a good thing?

Originally posted by Amanda
    I am 18 and, want to join the Marines! I know that women are not allowed in front line combat! However what is your opinion on women in occupations such as MP, and things that involve phisical strentgh, or mental toughness! You all have been there and seen women in the Corps! Tell me your opinion!

Amanda

Well after reading this post, I wrote this quick poem..

Now I am going ot go hide...

Women Marines

Are a wicked lot
    They will steal your heart, soul and mind

Spoil your honor and take away your pride

One stare from their eyes and a Marine succumbs
    To his worst of fear
    They are like that
    Those women Marines

They wear thongs
    Underneath those dress blues
    That I do know and
    When they smile they capture
    Your soul
    They are a wicked lot

Stay away from them if you can
    Or take a chance in life
    And fulfill a desire
    Deep within your soul
    They are like that
    Those women Marines

They call cadence in their dreams
    And sing in the shower it seems
    But in combat
    Well I have heard
    They are just as good as in bed

ROTFLMAO......

LMAO @ Cook........

Now you need to go into hiding.....

Ellie

great poem

enviro i am beginning to worry about you sarge...

ahhh. thanks for writing that... it was very informational! WM...i can see that the they are overall taken for as a joke or eyecandy! Believe it or not i know lots of thong wearing girls that are mentally and physically stronger than most guys! So be carefull what you say! (Sparrowhawk) : ) Well thanks for telling me the REAL opinion of WM's. Its okay! I WILL NOT let anything take my dream! Even male Marines opinions! : ) Its all in good fun guys!

by the way sparrowhawk..... stay in hiding! : )

thong? did someone say thong? where? LOL

Thread Information