armys new combat uniforms
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down armys new combat uniforms

Once again the army is trying to be like the Marine Corps. The army just released the new combat uniform that is very similar to the Marines. The new uniform is a mix of light green, tan and gray. And it only comes in one style which personally I think is really really ugly. They also are being issued new tan combat boot that don’t shin. (Hmmmm just like that Marines) This change will occur stating in October 2005 and the entire army will be dressed by December 2007. If you ask me its just another case of the army trying to be like the Marines but once again they did a poor job of it.

Credits
    Savings
    Shaffer thank you for the picture i couldnt get it on my post for some reason but at the same time not thanks it hurts my eyes

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Velcro for wearing unit patch, skill tabs and recognition devices
    They say this as an improvement?

Credits
    Savings
    On the Net:

New uniform: https://peosoldier.army.mil/default.asp?sectionacu

http://wire.jacksonville.com/pstorie.../2236749.shtml

In the second link article:
    it is similar to the Marines' digital camouflage uniform except that it has no black in the pattern

Credits
    Savings
    VELCRO? NEED I SAY MORE.....

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Of course the noise factor never entered into the design equation. Who thinks these things up?

Oso and Cas are right, the addition of velcro is utter stupidity.

Shaffer, since when are uniforms designed to look pretty? This is the military, not a fashion show.

Credits
    Savings
    Don't laugh too hard at the Velcro... I knew plenty of Marines who put Velcro on their cammies... DI's did it, NCOs & SNCOs in the FMF did it... The Velcro allowed the starched pockets to lay flat, thus providing a sharper look; you did not end up ironing the pocket buttons through the cammies thus rendering them unserviceable; in the field the pocket flaps were less likely to catch in the bush... etc...

I never did it to my cammies, and woe to the devil dog that got caught wearing the unauthorized alterations in an inspection...

The first time I saw Velcro on uniforms was on the old Sateens in '78 before they were phased out...

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Any ARMY of ONE ??

It's like Deer hunting....

ALL that camo, scent, cover, then throw 500 sq. inches of BLAZE ORANGE on top of it.

Maybe this is that DAZZLE-FLAGE they worked with years ago !!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zipperless.jpg‎
Views:	384
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	3616  

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    CrazyBrave83 - I guess you think the new Marine Corps cammies are stupid as well - there's velcro on my pockets. That's how they were made....

And you are dead wrong about this not being a fashion show. Learn your history and you will find that the distinctiveness of the Marine uniform has saved many a Marine life and put the fear of hell in many of men's mind. From our high collars, 8 sided cover, and rolled up sleeves - the enemy has known who we are.

"Yellow Legs" (as the North Koreans called Marines) because of the yellow leggings Marines wore. N Koreans hated and feared the Yellow Legs.

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
    - Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing.

And I can go on and on citing examples -

I just think these new cammies are horrid. They remind me of the Marine Corps' urban combat cammies. These new Army cammies are supposed to be for forest, desert, and urban envoirnments? They seem like they'd stick out like a sore thumb in the desert and in the forest.

I hope they plan on making the body armor the same pattern as these new cammies when the time comes, because the tan and/or green colored armor would look horrible up against these new cammies.

Thumbs down! Marine Corps cammies are by far the best in the world.

When they re-colored the Marine Corps design, do you think they remembered to remove all the little Eagle, Globe and Anchors that are integrated into the pattern?

And Enviro, what are some more of those examples? I like that one alot. But are is it real? or was it just an exagerated fact or something...?

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down NEW ARMY UNIFORMS!

ALWAYS TRYING TO BE MORE LIKE US! THOSE UNIFORMS ARE UGLY ASS HELL THOUGH. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THE ARMY WAS A JOKE...NOW THEY JUST CONFIRMED IT FOR ME!

SEMPER FI!

Originally posted by Tokean
    When they re-colored the Marine Corps design, do you think they remembered to remove all the little Eagle, Globe and Anchors that are integrated into the pattern?

And Enviro, what are some more of those examples? I like that one alot. But are is it real? or was it just an exagerated fact or something...?
    Read into the Korean War...

Thread Information