GOOOooood Moorrrning LEATHERNECKS - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    My youngin' is now into braces and the latest and greatest MP3 players!

Today we had a local veterans meeting on how we are going to host the National meeting, in another four days! Everything is fine and dandy except that the VP of fundraising is suddenly in the middle of a two week drunk!

We can afford the banquet and transportation, but we don't know if we can afford real servers or a bagpipe player. Then our technical advisor, an old Colonel says, "Your're a Marine, you'll figure it out!"

Anyway that sums up 8 hours of meetings, except for the 6 rounds of beer in the 'after action' meetings. That part wasn't so bad. But the stress of letting down the unit was still there.

Morning LEATHERNECKS and FOLKS

Got the sprinklers on, actually have one of those you have to move around the lawn. Put in the sprinklers last year, but enjoy watering by hand or seeing the little thing-a-magig swirl the water and spit it out. LOL

It's going to be in the high 70's around here.

Got one daughter off to the train station for her trip to work, one is turning 19 today, another 22 in a week so they like to celebrate for two weeks straight. LOL

Taking them out to dinner tonight to celebrate, then this week end they are throwing a combined birthday party, a sort of a costume party so they invited their friend to dress differently, some of their friends they told it was a Hawaiian theme and to others a pirate theme party.

I told my in-laws to dress in the style of the sixties and when they get here are they gona be surprised. But without telling them, I’ll just tell everyone else attending, that’s the way they normally dress...

LMAO

I’m gona get killed for that one.

Storms have been go through here since last night....At least I can say the tempertures are down today....Only going into the high 70's.......

Not a good evening on my end.....but I will not bore you.......

Children all got out today on time without my help today......LOL...but it's till early in the week......LOL

Cook my house was that way with birthdays......Roger's birthday was the beginning of March...Oldest son was the middle of the month...and daughter's and my birthday was the beginning of April....The Party never ended in our house......LOL....

Wish Your daughter's a Very Happy Birthday......

Cook if you need a hide out.....My house is open.....LOL
    yes they are going to kill you.......

Marines Have A Great Day.........

Ellie

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Evenin' Marines and friends!

Don't know how many of y'all remember me....Rich does, I hope Sparrow does. Anyways, I'm over here in Germany, and it's a beautiful day! Warm weather, clear air, beautiful countryside. Makes me glad to be here.

Anyways, gonna keep this short. I wanted to pop in and say hello to everybody, see how many remember me

Morgan
    US Army

MORGAN!

You silly kid, what are you doing way the otherside of the world?

Lady, when you gona sing for me?

In the Garden? Full version?

Good to hear from you

I guess that other fellow that was in before you musta gotten out?

Since its the Army of one. LMAO

I just didn't know you had gone over to the dark side.

When you get back I'll buy you a beer... humm that way be still a few years for you.

Take Care little sis

Cook

How can we forget You Morgan.....You wouldn't shut up....LOL

Great to hear from You.....

Continue Your Dream.....and don't make Yourself a stranger around here..

Ellie

If I could join this session? Here in mid-state, flatland farm country Illinois. It's raining. Harder, harder. OOPS tornado touched down, just north here. Had my two cups of java, worked on a painting, wrote some more on my book, which I've re-written 10times, might get it done, before I kick.
    Visited D&G Enterprises on the Web. to look for many things. He's a great Vet. sells hard to get military items.
    He's got some great sites to visit also.
    Tried to play my guitar. Dat burn right hand ain't workin' to good, but it was fun to try.
    Well goin' to go wet a hook, I got a rain suit, will go under a bridge to stay out of weather.
    I also wanted to say, "I truly enjoy all of my brothers and sisters on this site. I get inspired. God Bless. See ya. Bail

Had to put my cat FREDDY down today.
    The old coot is buried in the back 20.
    Gonna miss him.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sorry, SGTED. If it will help, I have a cat named Freddy, too.

Thanks cjwright90.

Yep, we were Freddy & Eddie for 14 years.

Good Morning Marines

Cloudy and Foggy at this moment....The sunny should be out later this morning.....At least it won't be as hot and humid that it has been for the last week or so.......

Finally broke down last night and ordered Roger's bronze plaque...for the grave......The children wanted to be involved with designing it with me....So we finally decided on one....It will have the Marine Emblem in the Center.....2 Roses on the sides...It will show his Rank, and the saying Devoted Dad and Beloved Husband....They said it should be done by late Summer.....It took a lot of strength for me to do it....To me it is the finally closer which I have to do.... I do think Roger would approve of this....His main motto in Life was God, Family, Corps.... in whatever order came first......

The children ordered the computer finally...it should be here in about 2 weeks....Which means I will get the old one(only a year old).....I don't need all the things that they use....and if I do want to....All I have to do is borrow one of theirs......I think it is about time to get something from them after all these years.....LOL

Well Marines Have A Great Day

Ellie

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    A year old PC? Wow that is ancient as PCs go! must be slow as dirt! HAHA- I fix computers for a living, so that is a little computer geek humor. Pittsburgh is a little humid, with a thunderstorm this afternoon coming. Congrats on the new PC. God's Strength to you in working on Roger's plaque. Same for you SGTED. My Freddy is 10, I believe. Have a 5 year old Yellow Lab/Grayhound named Tanis Halfelven, too.

Morning folks

Had two, count them two Twinkies this morning and two cups of coffee.

Sitting on the porch, using my laptop to write, I can see I need to get a new flag this ones getting a little faded.

Neighbors gone to Hawaii, the two across the street are off to work, the red hair lady hasn't gone to work yet. Her husband plays gulf on Thursday, is I expect him to get going anytime.

Invited them all over this Saturday for my daughter(s) birthday party, you all invited, just bring your own drinks, food, and stay to help clean up the kitchen.

Humm, anyone out there that can cook Carne Asada?

This is getting out of hand. We got people coming over in pirates , 60's, and Hawaiian costumes and we're cooking Mexican food.

At least we're not trying to cook a pig like we did in Nam or those skinny white chickens

LOL

SF

Cook

Hey Sparrowhawk, ain't it the greatest thing just being able to sit on your porch and watching the world go to work? I love being retired...It's starting to be a beautiful day here in Boise, Idaho...coffee, Costco muffin and paper are done and now I'm going to go play some golf! You folks have a great day!
    SgtEd., sorry to hear about Freddy...

Sgted sorry to hear about the Freddy. It's hard they are part of the family.

Thread Information