how hot is it at boot camp - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wink

OHH YEAH I remember that its nasty sticky sweaty wet hot. Good thing I was there for work and got to gooooooooooo cause no way I would have taken that for too long. What about the mosquitoes ouch and itchyyyyy. I think west coast would be better hot yes but its dry hot. I know you dont have a choice but im sure wherever you go youll be excited and ready to get to it.
    Then you melt

Registered User Free Member kmjb's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    u kinda have insentive to keepgoing through the heat cuz if u fall out u get the "silver Bullet" they have to check ur core tempeture, and not through ur mouth. :x

Smile

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm They check your temp through your (*) ? sheeeeeeeesh

Went through P I in July -September 1955. No such thing as flags then and it was hot !!! Elliott's Beach appeared to be the hatching ground for sand fleas and we had several funerals as we stood in formation through the night. Remember, this was before Ribbon Creek and anything went. What a trip !!! Never forget it and am proud as hell that I'm a Marine !!!

TRY NOT TO LET THE DRILL INSTRUCTOR (DO NO CALL HIM A DI) LEARN YOUR NAME. REMEMBER FIRST AND LAST WORDS OUT OF YOUR MOUTH IS SIR.....STAY IN SHAPE...

Good advice gbudd.
    Listen, learn, follow orders, snap to.
    Do the very best you can then push to do more.
    It's always there inside of you.
    You just need to tap into it.

When I went through boot camp I never could have believed what I was capable of doing.

I didn't excel, but I kept up with the best of them.

Much, much more then I can write here has stayed with me through the past 39 years.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well all i know is that i am a Georgia boy. I am levaing for PI July 5. i cant wait either. the heat here in Ga dont bother me. i love it. Can we have bug spray sent to us in bootcamp?

Bug spray? at boot camp? I never heard of such a thing. or saw it either. but who knows? maybe these day's you can. ( buncha sissy's LOL ) KIDDING!

When you ask for bug spray, don't forget to have mommy send you some cookies, popcorn, and videos to enjoy during your free time!

Forget bug spray. If you make it through PI you probably won't ever scratch an itch or slap a biter (sand flea, mosquito, etc.) ever again.
    I graduated with Platoon 377 on Jan. 19, 1957 and haven't scratched or slapped since then.
    Just let 'em bite. They don't eat much.
    And anyone who says he's used to heat has to get over the idea of dealing with it while walking across a parking lot to the mall.
    We're talking about living in it for three months. By then, you WILL be used to it.

Hot!.. Dam& hot. ....Hot enough to do some crotch pot cook'n

If you lucky you can get some skin so soft at the PX.

All kidding aside, i knew it was hot, but I didn't get much time to think about it. You'll do fine.

Originally posted by airframesguru
    All kidding aside, i knew it was hot, but I didn't get much time to think about it. You'll do fine.
    I went through beginning in August (1965).
    I agree.
    We were kept so busy from before sunrise to lights out that we didn't have time to think about it.
    We had a couple of "red flag" days, but there was little difference in the daily training schedule. Maybe just doin' PT in the shade.
    The DI's made sure (I said made sure) we drank plenty of H2O and took salt tabs (dispensers were everywhere) at various times of the day.
    As I remember, there were salt tab dispensers at every water fountain and the mess hall as well as the squad bay.
    Nobody cramped and fell out.
    And.....no......there was no bug spray.

Credits
    Savings
    got off the plane in Savannah,Ga 25June1971 2100hrs. Felt like I was breathing thru a wet bath towel. Went in in half way decent shape. 5'11" 170. Graduated Labor Day weekend of 71. Still 5'11" 139 lbs. best shape of my life.!!! Black flag days were days where we PT'd all day in the barracks Bends & mother Fers all day long.
    When we got to the rifle range no a/c in the barracks we PT'd with our rifle jackets on next day your rifle jacket could stand up by itself because of the salt from your sweat the night before.

Semper Fi!!!
    VFM

Originally posted by vfm
    no a/c in the barracks.

Semper Fi!!!
    VFM
    VFM.
    Is there a/c in the barracks on mainside now ?.

You can forget the BUG JUICE. No such thing. At Parris Island the sand is 18 Inches & the Sand fleas get to eat too!!!!!!!!

Thread Information