Beheading of Nick Berg - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Clem:

The world is an imperfect place. Its all going to Hell. Get over it. **** happens man. And when it happens, there is nothing you can do about it but stand up and fight. Simmer down now.

Seely, Im not having any issues so really "simmer down"? I just tend to hold my values a little higher. When you actually start to live and see what the worlds about youll know its worth better.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Clem: What have you seen that the world is about? I've lived long enough and experienced enough so far in my life to know that its all going to Hell. And what exactly do you mean by

Originally posted by Clem
    When you actually start to live and see what the worlds about youll know its worth better.
    ?

Just wondering.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    You guys both need to "simmer down" as Seeley so eloquently put it.

Clem, you dont rate. So dont start flappin at the jaws and preaching about how you KNOW what the worlds about. Go to your islamonline.net if you wanna do that. This is a MARINE website. We discuss the Corps. Not your life story. So just save yourself the trouble and let it go.

Seeley, hold you bearing brother man. By the looks of it hes a civi, no use in arguing with a civi. Would be like throwing rocks at dead bird, you're not gonna get much reaction out of him, just a few good laughs.

-Lake

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Respect is a paramount here, gents and lady. Please try to hold to that tradition. Currently, Lake and Seeley, you too are "civi" status. Remember? Clem, please remember the men and women on here, especially this Poolee group, are here to learn from existing Marines, whether active or former active.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I dont care if im in downtown Washington DC or walking in downtown Baghdad, you have a duty as a human to treat others with respect which is something very American, and a right as human to not be treated so disgustingly, and if you are treated badly, then you better thank your soldiers that you live in a country that will payback whats been done to you.

And you live in D.C??? You must not get out much. Get real - There are people out there molesting little kids, raping women, killing people for know reason, abusing kids and ederly people, kicking the crap out of each other for a parking spot, and so on, and so on.

I'm not talking about Baghdad either.

I would suggest that if you are walking in downtown D.C. keep a low profile. Don't go around "respecting" people. It's a sad world, but we gotta live in it.

And I don't go around thanking soldiers. The MARINES have enough of there own problems to deal with and there are many MARINES I'd rather thank.

And another thing while I'm at it - the military (or soldiers as you put it) don't go around paying people back for misdeeds. Payback is not one of our mission statements. Now if you want to consider what we are doing now as payback, then you are wrong. We are trying to PREVENT future problems. You can be a terrorist that has never raised a hand against us before. You are still in our crosshairs.

Payback is what the Clinton Administration tried to do. Every attack on the U.S. resulted in a cruise missle being sent over to an abandoned aspirin factory. Oh that really showed them! I'm sorry - I don't feel they were paid back for the USS Cole, Khobar Towers, WTC 1993, U.S. Embassies in Africa, Beruit, and the list goes on.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question payback?

posted by enviro-
    We are trying to PREVENT future problems. You can be a terrorist that has never raised a hand against us before. You are still in our crosshairs.
    Like my signature file says:

"Timely disbursements to prepare for danger frequently prevent much greater disbursements to repel it."

Clem seems to have a slightly distorted image of the military.

Credits
    Savings
    you have a duty as a human to treat others with respect which is something very American, and a right as human to not be treated so disgustingly,

Experienced the following first hand......

THESE ARE OUR KIDS, NOT SOME MILITARY 'MONSTERS'
    By ANDREA PEYSER

ALTHOUGH just 19, Alexia Regner has vowed to serve her country to the death, if needed. As thanks, the baby-faced young lady with the quick intelligence and military bearing has had verbal bombs thrown in her face by her fellow college students. Even faculty members have subjected her to abuse.

"I've been called a baby killer," said Alexia, who's enrolled in the Reserve Officers Training Corps.

With her crisp, white uniform and sad eyes, Alexia was one of thousands of sailors and soon-to-be soldiers who descended upon the city for Fleet Week. And although she didn't sign up for this extra duty, the girl from Wisconsin found herself drafted as a kind of emissary — forced into offering proof that, 30 years after Vietnam, our soldiers are not baby killers, sadists or monsters.

They're our children. And our lives may depend on them.

The day another student lobbed that slur at Alexia, she decided to keep quiet.

"I was thinking, I took an oath to defend their right to call me that. I was ****ed. I would never kill a baby," she said. "But I didn't say anything. If I did, they'd just say, 'Oh, another mean military person.' "

Alexia's pal Kristin Sinosky, 20, is enrolled in the ROTC at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. She's an architecture major.

But when she sits in the classroom, her professors don't see her. Many just see the white of the uniform she must wear to class. And for that, they despise her.

"My teachers make cracks," Kristin told me. "They say, 'You must be too busy marching to get your work done.' "

I met these girls unexpectedly yesterday at the USO station set up at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, where sailors have been giving interviews and sending messages home as part of a living-history project sponsored by Our Living Tree. But these girls opened up off-camera, so grateful were they to be seen as individuals with aspirations. And honor.

Being in New York, a place where diversity of opinion may flourish, was a welcome relief.

"People stop you on the street and say, 'Thank you,' " said Alexia.

Thanks, ladies.

You know what im going to just bow out of the "all boys" group forget I ever incited my opinion on anything and wasted my and your time. Just for the record the reason I originally joined this group was because I was in Iraq and was brutally attacked and the marine that saved me there thought it would help to open up and share a little. I see im not welcomed so I wont bother. Have a good weekend and best wishes to all.

Credits
    Savings
    If you were a good writer, you would seek to understand.

No one asked you to bow out. Stick around and stick to your guns. You'll get our respect.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry to have to be the one to point this out to you, but as a "freelance writer" you should know. "Marine" is spelled "Marine," not "marine." It is a title.

I had an English teacher argue with me about that until we looked it up in the dictionary. She had marked me down on an assignment because I capitalized the word "Marine." She shut up after that one.

Seely you are no MARINE yet so come off your baby bull**** block!

"Can't we all just get along?"

Don't make me pull this car over.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Clem: BTW, it's "Seeley," not "Seely"... At least have the common sense about yourself to know how to spell my last name when attempting to make yourself feel better by letting us all learn something we already know. Yes, I'm no Marine yet. But yes, I do believe I'm a better person than yourself. I have a calling and I'm going to follow that calling. The calling to be the best.

USMCWifeNMom:
    I love the line you wrote...:
    Don't make me pull this car over.
    Great visuals spring to mind. ROFLMAO

As for the contention between Seeley and Clem, there is an old axiom which has served me well over the years. It is so honest and simple, that it is considered a cliche.

"Hope for the Best, Plan for the Worst, and you'll land somewhere in between."

Work and strive to be the best and reach the highest plateaus. At the same time you must plan for everything to go wrong, despite your best efforts. If you do this then you will NOT be caught too unaware, nor without action options to work with (rolling with the punches).

The world is beautiful, and ugly at the same time.
    People are good AND evil at the same time.
    It is part of being HUMAN!
    We are all perfectly IMPERFECT.

Chew on that awhile. You both have points which are valid from your own POV. Walk in the other's boots for a bit. 'Nuff said on my part.

Thread Information