from the Red Cross - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Kurt Stover's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Nope, none of those, I read the J-2 report every morning, and I know you don't have access to it unless you have some high clearances and some special reason for it being honed into your house.

I'm not saying I'm the end all, but, when I read what is presented at least 2 weeks in advance, and then see a modified perverted presentation wioth embelishments from the news media, it about drives me crazy. needless to say, i can't say anything about it when it first comes out because it is labeled, and since I like my job and don't want to go to prison, I refute the garbage once it has been released.

What are the three major components of the M-16 rifle?

Originally posted by Sgtj
    Shewolf,

I respect your opinion how ever warped it may be, but when and where have you ever lead an INFANTRY platoon. I beleive of being held accountable for your subordinates actions but if this was a demo. sec def or a demo POTUS would we even had expected a damn apology.

Do you honestly think the Sec Def got on the phone and ordered them to take those actions... Give me a break. Those soldiers were ingnorant and bored and tried amuzing themselves and your right their individual command did not do anything when they should have. But you can not bring that down on the Sec Def. or the CIC.

But like I said before who am I.
    where did I say I lead an INFANTRY platoon,, I led a platoon in Military Intelligence,,,, and I know that things are different but the concept of chain of command is the same.... and yes I think that regardless of political affiliation an apology was the least to be expected,, but I hold that maybe if we had a demo whatever it might not have happened in the first place <>

do I think the sec def got on the phone,, okay that is ridiculous but he has said himself he wants to be informed and involved with prisoner interrogations etc,,,, so where does that go???

SheWolf,

Really, you make no sense. If we had a democratic president your right, it probably never would have happened and this world would be a better place RIGHT?

HELL NO! Your dead wrong, for 8 years your democratic president had this country's eyes closed while they dismantled our military and made us a weaker country defensively and offensively.

Open your damn eyes. If you were ever in "command" which I somehow doubt this very much, then you should see the bigger picture.

The POTUS is doing the right thing and people will get hurt, die and yes even humiliated by stripping them down naked, but who was *****ing when the Japanese soldiers would cut off the genitals of our Marines and stuff it into their mouths. I guess that was ok, because it wasn't on CNN RIGHT?

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

ok

Originally posted by Sgtj
    [B]SheWolf,

Really, you make no sense. If we had a democratic president your right, it probably never would have happened and this world would be a better place RIGHT?]
    for some reason the site didn't post what should have been between the brackets after that remark, and since we have a republican in office,, we will not know if a democratic president would have made it a better world ,,,

HELL NO! Your dead wrong, for 8 years your democratic president had this country's eyes closed while they dismantled our military and made us a weaker country defensively and offensively.

Open your damn eyes. If you were ever in "command" which I somehow doubt this very much, then you should see the bigger picture.
    doubt all you want hun,,,, I was....and I know there is a bigger picture out there, but that still doesn't give us the right to abuse the prisoners

The POTUS is doing the right thing and people will get hurt, die and yes even humiliated by stripping them down naked, but who was *****ing when the Japanese soldiers would cut off the genitals of our Marines and stuff it into their mouths. I guess that was ok, because it wasn't on CNN RIGHT?

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.
    [/BI'm sure there would have been an uproar at the time and there was afterwards,, isn't that what the Geneva Convention and the war crime trials were about??? I'm sorry this hit such a nerve, but you have some nerve implying that I would think that what the Japanese did was right or ok?? I just don't think that it's okay for us to stoop to their level,,,,

Credits
    Savings
    Being in the Army is not a ding, but, if you were in MI, then knowing what you read in the Intercept’s is watered down and taken totally out of context by the time some editor in Chicago who knows about the military from watching M*A*S*H on TV.

In your e-mail, that is cool beans, and in my experience, most OP's, REMF's and clerks had the most liberal views because they were inconvenienced due to some sort of action, it was the combat arms folks that went in and saw through the BS, and that pretty much is where I am at.

I agree, and I don't defend the actions of those soldeirs either, or their command. However I don't think you should point the finger at the Def Sec or Potus because this happened.

By the way, When your man Clinton was Pres. why didn't he take out OBL when he had the chance. Why did he decrease the size of our military. I can go on.

By the way... you never mentioned your exact unit(s) Rank, all the info we all are waiting for...

Sgt Keith Jolly

Originally posted by Kurt Stover
    Being in the Army is not a ding, but, if you were in MI, then knowing what you read in the Intercept’s is watered down and taken totally out of context by the time some editor in Chicago who knows about the military from watching M*A*S*H on TV.

In your e-mail, that is cool beans, and in my experience, most OP's, REMF's and clerks had the most liberal views because they were inconvenienced due to some sort of action, it was the combat arms folks that went in and saw through the BS, and that pretty much is where I am at.
    I know,, I hated Jack Anderson and the Washington post when I was at Ft Meade,,,I worked rotating shifts between 3-11 and 11-7,,, we would get off shift at 0730, after working and have to get up for a briefing at1300 just to remind us not to stick papers in our pockets at work that might have classified info written on it.. only to wake up the next day and see it spilled over the headlines,,,, griped my a** big time,, I do know that what I read on MSNBC or any of the others for that matter is not the full true story,, but since I am retired I have no access to the real stuff like I used to,,, so it is what I have to go on,,, but unfortunately it IS what the rest of the world goes on so it pi***** me off,,, but it is sad that any of our military have stooped to this level...

ok ok ok

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sgtj
    I agree, and I don't defend the actions of those soldeirs either, or their command. However I don't think you should point the finger at the Def Sec or Potus because this happened.

By the way, When your man Clinton was Pres. why didn't he take out OBL when he had the chance. Why did he decrease the size of our military. I can go on.

By the way... you never mentioned your exact unit(s) Rank, all the info we all are waiting for...

Sgt Keith Jolly
    [/QUOTE

Last Rank held SSG in the Army
    Last Duty Position: Platoon Sergeant
    Last Active Duty Assignment: A Co, 732nd MI BN formerly known as Field Station Kunia, Hawaii

also stationed at: Ft Meade Md, working at NSA
    A Co, 307th MI BN, Stuttgart Germany
    HHC, Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island IL

after completing 12 years Active Duty, I retired from the Active Reserves July 11, 1998,,,,, and am still a member of the Retired Reserves...

satisfied??? (waiting for all the Army jokes......)

I don't know about your military, but my military hasn't "Stooped" to this or any level.

I feel sorry for you.

But, I am done posting on this. You have your opinion.

Semper Fi.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sgtj
    [B]I agree, and I don't defend the actions of those soldeirs either, or their command. However I don't think you should point the finger at the Def Sec or Potus because this happened.

why Clinton didn't take out OBL,, I don't know,, you will have to ask him,,, and he wasn't MY man (ewwww), he was my President as he was yours, like it or not,

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down Play nice Marines!

Honestly I could care less about them abusing or torturing our enemies. They are enemies of the United States of America!

Radical Islamists want us all dead in the USA anyways, so why would I care if they are being mistreated or abused?

I DON'T!

It's ok for them to do what they did in Fallujah!

Have we killed any of their people then set them on fire, dragged them through street after street and after all that hung their dead bodies from bridges?

I WISH WE WOULD THEN THEY WOULD UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT HERE TO PLAY GAMES!

I say torture and abuse them more often!

What is wrong with our Country them people over their dont give a dam about the USA War on Terror seem to me like a joke why are we kissing those people a** that was shooting at us and we for get about the people that they killed that started all this crap so what we kick them around a bit but we did not burn them alive

I have an idea, why don't we just build a big fire, and invite all the enemies. Then and we can sing songs, and play grab a$s. Maybe then, they will know we mean business. We can invite CNN and all the others so our mommies back home can see how much fun we are having.

Oh wait fire is to dangerous, maybe we should just have a picnic to be safe.

Credits
    Savings
    I can play "Cumbi-ya" on a M-60.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    This conduct by a few idiots and their commanders has hurt our war effort and the war on terror.

I've been researching many stories covering with the Red Cross and Abu Ghraib. Th Red Cross timeline is that they told US Authorities in October 2003.

Exactly what US Authorities they have not said. The Lance Corporal MP at the front gate of Pendleton could be considered a US Authority.

The media is spinning the hype with minimal facts.

Thread Information