from the Red Cross
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

from the Red Cross

President Bush said the mistreatment "was the wrongdoing of a few," but the report by the International Committee of the Red Cross backs up with detail the neutral agency's contention that U.S. prisoner abuse was broad and part of a system, "not individual acts."

SheWolf,

What are you trying to say.

I'm trying to say

Originally posted by Sgtj
    SheWolf,

What are you trying to say.
    I'm trying to say that the responsibility of the abuse goes much higher than the so-called soldiers that committed the actual acts....

and that I think President Bush is trying to make it smaller than it is to save his butt.......... my opinion... I know i'm in the minority here....

Do think the POTUS made these calls. Respectfully, you must have lost your mind. Your right though, these calls did come from higher but not as high as your aiming. They might have called for some tough questioning but they would never make a stupid call like that. They know there are to many reporters and civies around.

Besides. This is a new war, we can not fight and expect to win using old stratigies. When G.W. said this was a few, he was right. It was a few compared to the 100's of thousand troops over there.

Have you ever lead a platoon, a squad or fireteam...Well I have.. I can tell you that the pictures you saw didn't start from the pentagon.

But that is just my opinion. Who am I.

SGT. J

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    These people that were "abused" were the same ones who were trying to kill your son and many others over there. Given a chance, they'll do it. They weren't jaywalking - they were trying to kill soldiers and Marines. I personally would just keep quite and not express outrage at what happened to them. They will rot in hell anyways. I don't care how they died or what they go through before they do die.

Personally, if I were President, I'd say "Oh, let me get your apology.... It's right here.... in my pocket....ah, here it is." And whip out my middle finger.

The DoD will take care of these problems according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Those who DID the acts will be punished. Those who CONDONED the acts will be punished. Those that ordered the acts will be PUNISHED. Those who have over a MILLION troops to be responsible for will be punished by the liberals and the press.

But more importantly before all else: let them be tried! Let's find out what really happened before we judge them or anyone in the Chain of Command.

PUT YOUR JOB INTO THE HANDS OF OVER A MILLION PEOPLE. If just one of them screws up, you have to resign. BS

People need to quit screaming for an apology and quit screaming for Rumsfeld to resign.

Where's our apology? Jubilant residents dragged the charred corpses of four American contractors through the streets Wednesday and hung them from the bridge spanning the Euphrates River.

Where's our apology? Jubilant Iraqis danced on the twisted wreckage of a U.S. armored car in central Baghdad Thursday after a rocket-propelled grenade attack left three soldiers wounded.

And so on, and so on, and so on..... You do know I could go on?

Have you ever lead a platoon, a squad or fireteam...Well I have.. I can tell you that the pictures you saw didn't start from the pentagon.

But that is just my opinion. Who am I.

SGT. J [/B][/QUOTE]

to answer your question,, did I ever lead a platoon,,, yes I have,,, was I ever held accountable for something one of my platoon members did,, or didn't do,, yes....

I still say that the nature of this crime falls under top Command levels,,,,, did I say that President Bush personally authorized or even had knowledge at the time of the abuse ..... NO,,, but as CIC he still bears some of the responsibility.... should he be impeached (I'd love it) but the answer is no.... but the SecDef had better be held accountable, esp. since there is such debate over how soon he knew and when he informed the CIC....

as to the remark that I have lost my mind,,, maybe I have,,, I would have never dreamed that the US military would stoop to such levels,,, I don't think it is as isolated as they want to make it out,,, but I do not believe it is all encompassing of our troops,, but it will take years to make up for it...

and it puts my son and all others there at greater risk..

Originally posted by enviro
    These people that were "abused" were the same ones who were trying to kill your son and many others over there. Given a chance, they'll do it. They weren't jaywalking - they were trying to kill soldiers and Marines. I personally would just keep quite and not express outrage at what happened to them. They will rot in hell anyways. I don't care how they died or what they go through before they do die.

Personally, if I were President, I'd say "Oh, let me get your apology.... It's right here.... in my pocket....ah, here it is." And whip out my middle finger.

The DoD will take care of these problems according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Those who DID the acts will be punished. Those who CONDONED the acts will be punished. Those that ordered the acts will be PUNISHED. Those who have over a MILLION troops to be responsible for will be punished by the liberals and the press.

But more importantly before all else: let them be tried! Let's find out what really happened before we judge them or anyone in the Chain of Command.

PUT YOUR JOB INTO THE HANDS OF OVER A MILLION PEOPLE. If just one of them screws up, you have to resign. BS

People need to quit screaming for an apology and quit screaming for Rumsfeld to resign.

Where's our apology? Jubilant residents dragged the charred corpses of four American contractors through the streets Wednesday and hung them from the bridge spanning the Euphrates River.

Where's our apology? Jubilant Iraqis danced on the twisted wreckage of a U.S. armored car in central Baghdad Thursday after a rocket-propelled grenade attack left three soldiers wounded.

And so on, and so on, and so on..... You do know I could go on?

SO THAT GIVES US THE RIGHT TO STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL????
    HELL NO!!!
    DO WE DESERVE AN APOLOGY,, YES,,,
    WILL IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE .. NO...

Registered User Free Member Kurt Stover's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The red cross. These are the same folks who told us that the detainees in Gitmo were being treated like trash and were only getting 2 hot meals a day. Then a few were relesed and they said it was the best dang treatment they ever had and the most food that was ever presented to them in a week long period.

So if you think the red cross is nutral, why didn't they show up to visit Jessica Lynch and the other POW's? because they would have been killed, that's way.

The people of this country are so driven to believe the press it is laughable.

Listen, have you ever cleaned an M-16 rifle? No, okay, an oven perhaps, you clean it and you are satisfied that it is as clean as
    a) You want it to be.
    b) You can get it.
    c) The next door neighbors.

I come over, with a 6 inch q-tip, and a white glove and tear it apart and before I get past the temp knob have failed you. If I'm looking for dirt, I will find it. It might suit you as being clean, but in my book, tear it apart and clean it, and do it again until it is done right. You as a civilian would freak to the Nth dgree at my ways and means.

But, I would say, the media says it isn't clean, and you would wonder where in he11 I was getting my information from, and I'd hold up "Ye old oven cleaning manual" written back in the 40's when women were of more a domesticated specialty, yeah, the 1740's maybe. Please, don't rely on MSNBC, CNN or Fox for that matter, it's slanted "Hello!!!!"

Yet, not only do you support the drivel they spew, you buy it lock, stock and barrel without even looking over the features installed. Give me a break....

Shewolf,

I respect your opinion how ever warped it may be, but when and where have you ever lead an INFANTRY platoon. I beleive of being held accountable for your subordinates actions but if this was a demo. sec def or a demo POTUS would we even had expected a damn apology.

Do you honestly think the Sec Def got on the phone and ordered them to take those actions... Give me a break. Those soldiers were ingnorant and bored and tried amuzing themselves and your right their individual command did not do anything when they should have. But you can not bring that down on the Sec Def. or the CIC.

But like I said before who am I.

Credits
    Savings
    I say they can stick their apology in their ass. I, like many others, have lost some close people in this war. I don't blame Rumsfeld, I don't blame Bush.

And if their killers (or friends of the killers) came to me with an apology, I would beat the ever-loving sh|t out of them. I would cut them from stem to stern. This is war.

And since there are only a handful of countries left that follow the Geneva Convention, I say it's outdated. Needs a revision.

The only thing that upsets me about Abu Gahrib is the photos. The dumbasses should have never taken photos.

Registered User Free Member Kurt Stover's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Shewolf, I would highly recommend that you update your profile and enter a "Yes" into the "Are you a Marine" Column if in fact you are a Marine or have been a Marine. I was under the impression you were a Marine Mom. If you have stated so, prviously, then I need to read over all of your post's again.

Thanks enviro,

We do need to take different measures in winning this war... oh yeah we are... just some people in this country can't handle it.

Play nice guys...we don't want to hurt the enemies feelings

Originally posted by Kurt Stover
    [B]The red cross. These are the same folks who told us that the detainees in Gitmo were being treated like trash and were only getting 2 hot meals a day. Then a few were relesed and they said it was the best dang treatment they ever had and the most food that was ever presented to them in a week long period.

So if you think the red cross is nutral, why didn't they show up to visit Jessica Lynch and the other POW's? because they would have been killed, that's way.

The people of this country are so driven to believe the press it is laughable.

Listen, have you ever cleaned an M-16 rifle? No,

]
    yes,, I have cleaned an M-16,, also an M14, and a 155- Howizter,,,, and yes I have been told many times to take it apart and clean it again,, no biggie,, did it,, yes sir, yes sir, 3 bags full...

But, I would say, the media says it isn't clean, and you would wonder where in he11 I was getting my information from, and I'd hold up "Ye old oven cleaning manual" written back in the 40's when women were of more a domesticated specialty, yeah, the 1740's maybe. Please, don't rely on MSNBC, CNN or Fox for that matter, it's slanted "Hello!!!!"

Yet, not only do you support the drivel they spew, you buy it lock, stock and barrel without even looking over the features installed. Give me a break.... [/B

I regard ALL media as slanted to a point,, but also that where there is smoke there is likely a fire (or a joint being toked on somewhere) you think NBC, CBS, OR ABC is any better,, how about Geraldo,, or Rush,, ok,, Howard Stern

What the hell are you talking about. If your a Marine or part of another military organization. When and where was it?

Credits
    Savings
    She was in the Army I believe

Thread Information