Chain of Command
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member 2ndplacesucks's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Chain of Command

I was wondering does anybody know exactly what goes in to approving a wavier specifically tatoo waviers.

It has been three weeks since my recruiter sent my package to ware ever it goes and still no word.

thanks in advance

Semper Fi

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Have faith and patience! Believe you me, your Recruiter is making every effort possible to get you a spot on those yellow foot prints.

Hurry up and wait is the norm. I started smoking because I saw that other Marines had something to do while waiting around for stuff.

Hurry up and wait. Get used to it!

LOL yeah, get up at 2AM lug all your crap around and go sit on a flight line for 11 hours, waiting for your bird to arrive. Remember, you had to get up at 2 so you could be at the flight line by three so you wouldn't be late! LOL

Registered User Free Member 2ndplacesucks's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I understand hurry up and wait but I would think espacily at a time of war they would want to get new recruits to MCRD to learn more about this hurry up and wait?

my suituation is more like are you done good I will send it in, now its wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

I can't wait untill I get dep'ed in. "no pun intended" LOL

The Marines will take you when they are damn good and ready and not before then. Then, and only then, will you get the chance to prove you are one of us. So sit down, shut yer blowhole, and wait.

Speaking of Chain of Command - who is senior?

Sergeant Major OR 2nd Lieutenant ?

I've always wondered...

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What time do we need to show up? It works like this:

The CG says I want all Marines ready to go by noon. So....

The CO says I want all Marines ready to go by 1100. So....

The XO says I want all Marines ready to go by 1000. So....

The SgtMaj says I want all Marines ready to go by 0900. So....

The 1stSgt/Msgt says I want all Marines ready to go by 0800. So....

The Gunny says I want all Marines ready to go by 0700. So....

The SSgt says I want all Marines ready to go by 0600. So....

The Sgt says I want all Marines ready to go by 0500. So....

The Cpl says I want all Marines ready to go by 0400. So....

Mind you, the plane doesn't take off until 1600. But the CG wanted to make sure no one was late and that everyone could eat chow together.

Hurry up and wait? You'll see.....

Be thankful you aren't made to wait at the recruiters office or MEPS while waiting on your waiver. It'll come when it comes.

Credits
    Savings
    Speaking of Chain of Command - who is senior? Sergeant Major OR 2nd Lieutenant ?

General: Leaps tall buildings with a single bound, more powerful than a steam engine, faster than a speeding bullet. Gives policy to GOD.

Colonel: Leaps short buildings with a single bound. More powerful than a shunting engine. Is just as fast as a speeding bullet. Walks on water(if the sea is calm). Talks with GOD.

Lt. Colonel: Leaps short buildings with a running start in favourable winds. Is almost as fast as a speeding bullet. Walks on water in indoor swimming pools. Talks with GOD if special request is approved.

Major: Barely clears a quonset hut. Loses tug-of-war with steam engine. Can fire a speeding bullet and swims well. Is occasionally addressed by GOD.

Captain: Makes high marks when trying to leap tall buildings. Is run over by trains. Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self injury. Doggy paddles, talks to animals.

Lieutenant: Runs into tall buildings. Recognizes trains 2 out of 3 times. Is not issued with ammunition. Can stay afloat if properly instructed in the use of a life jacket. Talks to walls.

2nd Lieutenant: Falls over doorsteps when trying to enter buildings. Says "look at choo-choo." Is NEVER issued with a gun or ammunition. Plays in mud puddles. Mumbles to himself.

Sgt Major: Lifts tall buildings and walks under them. Kicks steam engines off the track. Catches speeding bullets in his teeth and eats them. Freezes water with a single glance. HE IS GOD!

Hey! Enviro! thanks for adding some detail to what I said. makes it more clear for those who have never been there LOL

Oh and ANY officer outranks ANY enlisted man. But most 2nd Lt's have JUST enough brain power to avoid trying to boss around too many staff NCO's. ESPECIALLY a SgtMaj.

Registered User Free Member jdfairman's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Awww COME ON!!!! I mumble to myself alot and absolutely love playing with mud, but I hate choo-choos.

Originally posted by jdfairman
    Awww COME ON!!!! I mumble to myself alot and absolutely love playing with mud, but I hate choo-choos.

Thanks Dark Jedi :-)

I'd like to become a commissioned officer one day. I believe that I have the intelligence to do so, but I want to "Mustang" so I can earn the respect of the enlisted ranks and be the best commissioned officer I can be.

But first I need to earn my title as a Marine.

Also though, with all due respect to 2nd Lt. JdFairman, sir, I believe that it is unreasonable to have a Sergeant Major who has served in the Corps for 20+ years to answer to a nROTC grad who has just recently been commissioned...just my worthless opinion though

Credits
    Savings
    Most 2nd Lt's and Sgt Majors have an understanding. They have different jobs. Both are respectful of each other. Both carry out the orders of the CO.

It's hard to decribe, but you know it's there.

Help me out here Lt........

Thread Information