Will you Fight?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you Fight?

Will you Fight?

{b]Canada is Harboring Army Privates Jeremy Hinzman and Brandon Huey American Military Deserters.[/b]

Jeremy Hinzman - Conscientious Objector seeking Refugee status in Canada. Quaker ae behind this.

Before you even think about becoming a Marine, ask yourself, will I go and fight, or will I become a Conscientious Objector to keep from going to war. The Marines Corps isn't for those who belong to groups like the Quakers. If you do enlist and you do become a Marine, you could be shipped to Iraq or Afghanistan and yes you could be injured or even killed. Does your family support this war? Why do you want to be a Marine? Is it to impress someone? Do you really know what you are getting yourself into? Think about it and think for a long time, make sure that this is what you want to do, don't let some one else talk you into becomming a Marine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	danflagg_sky (2).jpg‎
Views:	336
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3460  

Did someone "wash" my post?

A Marine is trained to kill---the bottom line!

I don't understand...
    I thought joining the Marines was a WAY OF LIFE....

not a job.

"'wash' my post?"

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    I'll fight, send me tommorow. Do I know the dangers involved? Yes. Do I care? No. Do I want to go over there and kick some a$$ and get a few Navy Crosses so I can come back over and show them to Lake when hes in jail? Yes.

C. O. is short for C.O.W.A.R.D

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    They say Iraq isnt our war.

I say Freedom IS. Send me to the front, mac.

-Lake

jo_beth, I put in a post that was taken out, ("wash my post").

You have it right---not a job, serving is a way of life---the life of a warrior---nothing less.

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Where all others see fear, I see opportunity. I ain't in it for the medals, and don't care if I was to recieve any. Yes, it's a moral booster and it's a way of giving others hope, but it's the honor of fighting for something I truly believe that gives me the courage to look death in the eyes with a smile on my face.

Here's my version of this famous verse from the bible:

" As I walk through the valley with a shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanst MF in the valley. So fear me, for when I walk through, death is near."

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You got that right. If I didn't think that my recruiter would kill me for dropping out of college, and I didn't know somewhere that I need to get that degree because it'll make me a better Marine, I'd be changing my contract to active ASAP. As it is, I'd be happy to be activated as a reservist once I finish IADT... part of me hopes that it'll happen.

-Meyer

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by CPLRapoza
    Here's my version of this famous verse from the bible:

" As I walk through the valley with a shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanst MF in the valley. So fear me, for when I walk through, death is near."
    That quote was attached at the bottom of a letter my Dad wrote home from Vietnam. The only difference was that he wasnt the meanest. He was the baddest.

-Lake

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    That's wierd, cause I have never seen that or heard that anywhere else before, in my life. I was just thinking of the original verse one day and just started adding more onto it. Hey like they say, Great minds think alike.

Will you Fight?

greensideout

Did someone "wash" my post?
    A Marine is trained to kill---the bottom line!

The Marine Corps Trains you to stay alive, to defeat your enemy, I can never recall where they said we will train you to Kill.

jo_beth

I don't understand...
    I thought joining the Marines was a WAY OF LIFE....

A way of life? Yes it is a way of life if you make a career out of the Marine Corps, not if you put in a short hitch like some does. Understand this, life in the Marine Corps isn't a place for weak, lazy or those looking for a place to think about what they want to do when they grow up. It's not a place for want-a-bees heroes, It will be hard, doing things that you don't want to do, taking orders from people that you will grow to hate, long days and nights, low pay, below minimum wages.

dep_baumy

I'll fight, send me tommorow. Do I know the dangers involved? Yes. Do I care? No. Do I want to go over there and kick some a$$ and get a few Navy Crosses so I can come back over and show them to Lake when hes in jail? Yes.

Is this what being a Marine means to you?{I want to go over there and kick some a$$ and get a few Navy Crosses so I can come back over and show them to Lake when hes in jail?} You need to wake up, you may not get the first shot off before you get whacked, them Lake can attend your funeral and look at your PH.

I want to thank all of you for youe replies, if you really want to be a Marine then be prepared to live up to the policies of the Marine Corps, be the best that you can, give 150%, when you thank that you cannot go anymore give it that extra little push.

Registered User Free Member 1recon's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I don't know about anyone else, but I signed on to become a Marine for 1 major reason, to fight for, and possibly die for my country. That is the point of joining the military isn't it? Not for college money or anything else. Also, why would an ally of ours harbour them. Aren't they just as wrong as that John Walker guy or whatever his name was back when we first went to war?

Re: Will you Fight?

Originally posted by usmc4669
    greensideout

The Marine Corps Trains you to stay alive, to defeat your enemy, I can never recall where they said we will train you to Kill.
    YOU MUST HAVE BEEN ASLEEP IN CLASS!

THE RIFLE---TO KILL

THE K-BAR---TO KILL

THE HAND TO HAND COMBAT--TO KILL

ALL THE WEAPONS WE WERE TRAINED TO USE---TO KILL

HELLO---IT'S THE MARINE CORPS

Saurian'sEdge
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by CPLRapoza
    That's wierd, cause I have never seen that or heard that anywhere else before, in my life. I was just thinking of the original verse one day and just started adding more onto it. Hey like they say, Great minds think alike.
    I think Patton said it first..I'm not sure though.

What the Marines train you to do are what both usmc4669 and greensideout have mentioned. Survive and kill if needed to. But I'll have to disagree with what greensideout said about the way of life only for careerists, I had a short stay in FMF due to med. reason's but my mind and body are still Marine. I have asked recruiters about reenlisting, no can do. So I now live my life in a Marine-like way. PT, respect others, bearing, and a sense of pride in everything that I do. I don't win many friends that way, but I don't make many enemies either.

Now your reason's for enlisting, some people are jaded and others are idealistic, whatever they are, you will fine Marines in the Corps with the same reasons as you. Remember, no matter what, jaded or idealistic, Marines will b!t(h about anything, up to and including a person's reason. Write your reasons down, put them in your wallet and carry them every where you go. If you ever ask yourself "Why did I do this?", take it out and remind yourself. If you decide to reenlist, write down another set and do the same thing, and if you decide not to, that little piece of paper will have more miles than most cars and more memories that are uniquely yours than most people could ever imagine.

Oooowheee, look at me preach! Sorry folk's.
    Semper Fi.

Thread Information