Testing in Marines - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When i work out i don't use anything,except a bottle of water,and thats it.Maybe i don't get bulky or appear strong,but heck you do it this way you get stronger and people will think they can take you on cause you don't look strong,trust me i know a kid who got out of parris island,and hes skinny as i am,but strong as hell.I could care less about steriods or creatine,not that creatine is bad for you,i just never have cared to take it,i like how strong i am now and i'm pretty content on never using steriods.Thats just plain dumb as hell.You hear that AciDmC i think your dumb as hell to even think or consider hurting your body like that,and i'll be sure to see if you even made it in parris,cause your not gonna pass the test,and i think you were really talkin about yourself,but you knew we would not suggest taking steriods so you said your friend was the one worried about testing,which was a stupid thing to say in the begining,cause we all still got on your arse about it.

Yea, thats repectable. The reason I used limited dose of creatine is because I'm a Varsity football player and I need the slight edge so I picked out the safest supplement and took it in limited doses

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by SuNmAN
    Yea, thats repectable. The reason I used limited dose of creatine is because I'm a Varsity football player and I need the slight edge so I picked out the safest supplement and took it in limited doses
    That is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Originally posted by michy

That is the stupidest excuse I have ever heard.
    Outstanding. You've managed to make a fool out of yourself. Nice way to add some contructive criticism to the boards Michy. Adjust the attitude next time.

-Lake

Creatine in limited doses is next to useless. There is a reason you "load" it and then cut back to normal doses. By limiting the doses you take, you never have enough in your system to make a large impact. In effect, you are flushing your money down the toilet every time you visit the head.

There are countless debates as to whether or not supplements are good for you, should be used, etc. Well, I use them regularly and see no reason to tell anyone else not to do so. If you decide it isn't for you, then so be it. But don't act like you are educated on a subject you know little or nothing about. There are good arguments on each side, allow the people that know them to argue the fine points.

Registered User Free Member jdfairman's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'll buy that, though its my opinion that the only supplement you need is a good daily multivitamin. (not even that if you eat a well-balanced diet)

Sir, I am thinking you could likely speak with some degree of G-2 on the issue, so feel free.

Anyway, for the majority of people, I would agree that a vitamin is good enough. Even for the majority of the Marines in the world. However, when someone is training for strength, there are things that help. While creatine isn't needed to get stronger, it helps. It is a naturally occurring substance that we all get when we eat meats.
    To me, myoplex is the important supplement. I cannot force myself to eat the amount of food, or with the frequency needed, to sustain myself through normal activities and my workouts. I would be losing strength and muscle, not gaining it. So, I use liquid food to fuel my body. Not needed by most, but it saves me on a regular basis.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    What does Force Recon eat these days on one their extended humps?

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    MRE's? Personnally I don't think being a muscle bound freak is a good idea for Marines. Unnatural amounts of muscle seem to bind up your agility, and it takes enormous amounts of food to keep a body funtioning properly when you get huge like that, it also messes up your metabolism. A month long trip to the field is almost a crippling event for a body builder. I know because I tried it. While serving my tour in Recon, my small little brain says you have to become as muscle bound as possible, after six months of extensive weight training and all the unnatural supplements I could get my hands on, run times suffered the most, swimming became a chore. Shooting accuracy was non exsistant, and a week in the field was pure torture with starvation. All that work and money spent almost ruined my career as a Recon Marine. It took away everything that got me there in the first place. The story doesn't end there either, now we have to fix this mess!! New problem, weight control The Corps is very serious about this issue. This will get your butt kicked out faster than drugs. One of the side effects of this stuff, if you decide its not worth it is the pounds that you gain do not go away overnight. Thats about how long the Corps will give you to get yourself squared away once you screw your ownself up.

I agree with Echo Four Bravo...except for the fact that taking limited doses is next to useless. I did not load and every day I took a small teaspoon, and there were results. And as for michy, I wasn't making an excuse for myself, I was just saying that it was one of the reasons why I took creatine in limited doses.

I wanted to be the best athlete I could be without putting my health at risk.

Originally posted by jdfairman
    Oh... well pardon me POOLEE. I didn't realize that you were an M.D. or held a doctorate in the field of sports medicine. You obviously know more than most of the experts in the field today. I didn't know that high-school classes were now on par with various colleges of medicine. Please forgive me. OH... and I don't mean to inconvenience a genius such as yourself, but if you would do a favor for someone as dumb as I am and just throw a "sir" or "lieutenant" on the top or bottom of your most enlightening posts when you are referring to me, I would really appreciate it.
    Sir; may I say Marines don't need drugs I was in Recon during tet
    and many claim they couldn't hack it in Recon training and left I respected that, not take an enhancement to make that is B/S Sir!
    Respectfully, Reddog4950

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	recon jump wings.gif‎
Views:	178
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	3425  

Credits
    Savings
    I'm a little confused. Thats exactly what I was saying.

I am trying to help drill it them sir!
    No disrepect or reduntance was meant.
    S.F. Vic

Credits
    Savings
    Semper Fi Sgt Reddog. You too Cpl Leroy. I know a few prior recon guys, and they seem to come in two varieties. Extremely muscle bound and tougher than nails.... and skinny wiry and tougher than nails. Either way, they are more than capable. (else they wouldn't have been recon) I would say that if anyone here knew what a Marine needed as far as fitness goes, its you guys. Thanks for the knowledge.

JD Sir, They will learn if they ever become a Marine what it takes , but so far their is alot of "whale Sh!t"
    P.S I am one of the lean , but still mean guys. Muscle bound guys
    have it rough because of the excess weight they carry.
    Semper Fi Brother.
    Vic

Thread Information