Baltimore IST Cookout
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Baltimore IST Cookout

I am not sure of the exact name, but just wanted to say to any Marine who was at Ft. Meade yesterday during the IST/Cookout event, thanks. It was a great day and I had a lot of fun. Also thanks to the DI's that made an appearance and answered our questions.

Definitely showed my pathetic ass that I need to work on my running for the next few months .

Note: For any poolee who wont have a chance to meet a DI before you leave for boot camp, just know that the videos are nothing compared to seeing them in real life... they are going to rock your world.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was there yesterday and it was a great experience and it gave me a big wake up call.

I just got back from mini-OCS at Camp Blanding. I don't think it was quite as hard as last year, but it was still an excellent experience. I had DI Staff Sergeant Hess. He was locked on the entire time, very motivating.

The femal drill instructor was extremely tough, I'm glad I never got any one on one reamings from her. I believe her name was Staff Sgt. Hearnes (though I'm not sure on the name or rank).

I agree, real life is much more dramatic than tv. I'd advise anyone to take advantage of an opportunity where you can possibly spend the day or weekend with one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From my brief experiences with them from high school, they are some of the most fearsome individuals on the face of the earth. Of course, that's to be expected, and is the intended result.

Thread Information