My son shipped today for MCRD San Diego
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool My son shipped today for MCRD San Diego

Just wanted everyone to know. He will be a third generation Marine when he graduates. Not much of a post but I am very proud of him. He will be in Motor "T"....................................

Congratulations Sgt.Lane....

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be sure to send plenty of motivating letters to him. We all know how tough training is and how valued a letter from home can be. I know you will be beaming on graduation day and I hope you have made plans to see it all!

SF,

Sixguns

Sounds great! Congratulations!
    We'll all have to chip in and send him BIG boxes of pogeybait.

Semper Fi!

LMAO@namgrunt

Now that is what my hubby would have said...

Ellie

Congrats Sgt.Lane

thanks to all, the yellow footprints are about to be imprinted forever..........................

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    sgt.lane,
    When and if you receive your son's mailing address and you feel disposed to sharing it; I'd like to write him. When is the last time your son received a letter from Florida? Let me know, one way or the other.
    Gary(osotogary)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sgt Lane,

Congratulations to you and your almost new Marine. We can use a nother good Marine in the ranks.

Semper Fidelis

I should find out what is address is going to be on Thursday. I just talked to him and he was at Dallas/Fort Worth. He is more nervous the closer he gets.LOL He said he just wants to get this over with...I can not imagine...............Thanks again to all. Even though he is my son I still feel alittle bit for him knowing what he is freely walking into..........................................haha ha

Those are the operating words, "freely walking into...". Must have nails in his gut like his old man.

Is his grandfather still amongst our ranks, or has he shipped to Heaven's Gate? I ask because it seems to me that would be a marvelous picture to have all three generations with the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. Hope he makes Honor Man on graduation day.

Semper Fi!

My father is a Nam vet X2 tours spent nine years in the Corps and is still kickin like a mule. He was an AAU powerlifter in the Corps as well. He is a retired Highway Patrolman now and he is just as proud as I am. He already has a picture place in a frame on the wall with his boot picture and mine, just waiting for number three.................We are all going to be out there for the graduation as well. Thanks I told him about this website and hopefully he will hit it in the morning.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Add one more congradulations to the list. I can only imagine the pride you, and grandpa, must be feeling.

And it sounds like he already knows it'll take more than just feet, to feel those footprints.

Semper Fidelis

oh ya, he will do fine. I will try and keep everyone updated. It might help some of the poolees as well. Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Sgt. Lane,

I, being one of the few in here that was able to see recruit training from both sides, as a Drill Instructor and a recruit, am interested to hear it from your perspective, as a parent. Keep us informed on his weekly progress. One on my buddies is a Drill Instructor with Echo company in MCRD San Diego and is close to picking up so your son might be in his company. What are the odds?

Sender

Thread Information