New here
Create Post

Thread: New here

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

New here

Well except for a couple posts on the vote bush thread, I am a DemocRat. i am new here. i know it sounds pretty vague but could anyone get me some information of what the hollywood Marines, have to do in San Diego. i ship in October or Novermber, because as of now i am a fat body, but i finally can do one pullup, that might sound lame to you but it is good for me to start. I starte at 320, and now 265, and i lost that weight in a month, and a half. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Credits
    Savings
    I have seen that website, but thanks for the support, in my family it is hard to find support for a lot of things. I was actually looking more for a personal experience at San Diego. thanks anyway

Credits
    Savings
    that is awesome thank you for that, you have been very helpful to me. so did you go to san diego, and if you did when

Credits
    Savings
    my mom's boyfriend went to the Island, and he said that the training he went through got him through Vietnam, me i could go there but as a big guy i can't take humidity like the rest of you, i know that sounds weak but it is the truth. I lived in houston for a good portion of my life, and 3/4 of that time was indoors during the summer at least

Registered User Free Member BC22's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You haven't met the Reaper yet.

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Talking r_rumler

Flash....Go to Parris Island in Dec-Jan-Feb...No sand fleas or humidity Semper Fi. Mac

Credits
    Savings
    How about sand fleas in September?

Credits
    Savings
    what is the reaper. and why should i fear it

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Smile mdshoreboy

I was never at MCRD Parris Island during the month of September; however, I attended tha US Marine Tanker Assoc at Camp Lejeune in Sept97...stayed at a big/popular motel and all of our outdoor socials were on a grassy plain loaded with sand fleas. especially at evening time...Lejeune is countless miles North of Parris Island, SC...you do the math. Semper Fi

The Reaper is a very large hill at Camp Pendleton that you will get to climb at some point during your training. As for wanting to talk to someone from San Diego... it doesn't really matter. The training is the same at the two Recruit Depots, we just like to argue about which group had it worst. I went to SD, and will gladly admit that I would rather climb hills that deal with sand fleas any day. However, not everyone feels that way. But, I am getting off topic... there is a wealth of information about boot camp on this site, and many others as well. Don't worry about which depot they are talking about. For the most part, they are all the same.

And as for being a DEMONcrat, don't worry too much about that. Being in the Marine Corps and watching the liberals try and cut funding to the military is usually enough to make anyone see the light.

Thread Information