550 cord
Create Post

Thread: 550 cord

550 cord

does anyone know how to properly put 550 cord on dog tags if anyone can tell me how to do i would greatly apreciate it thanks

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Slow process: cut the cord to desired length, and play the unravel game with the inner cords until you can free the green covering from the inner cord. Slide the dog tag chain through the green cover.

I have also noticed that 550 cord (AKA parachute line) comes in different styles from different manufactures; technique may not work with all "550 cord".

A "buddy" of mine said there was an easier way, but the S.O.B. was either lying or enjoyed to torque me by not sharing the secret.

take the inner strings out of the 550 cord. Then just thread it through the dog tags and knot em up.

i can get the chain in and then i have problems getting the cord with the chain in it through the hole of the dog tag

Registered User Free Member jdfairman's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Heres the REAL EASY WAY of doing it.

(1) Cut the 550 cord to the desired length PLUS six or seven inches.

(2)Cut the outer covering away from the inner cords on that extra six or seven inches.

(3)Carefully pull all the inner cords out of the outer covering EXCEPT FOR ONE INNER CORD.

(4) Tie that one inner cord around the end of the dog tag chain.

(5) Now pull that inner cord out of the covering thus pulling the dog tag chain up into the covering.

(6) Walla, theres your 550 cord covered dog tag chain.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Put the chain in a drawer cut the 550 cord to desired length put the tag on the cord, light the end of the cords on fire, put it out while the ends are still melty put them together which will efficiently "welt" it into a loop. Go get you another set made for inspections and for garrison.

Thread Information