Missing Rifles? I'll show you missing rifles
Create Post

Missing Rifles? I'll show you missing rifles

Just read a snippet in the Marine Corps Times where a battalion commander and SgtMaj from the 6th Marines were relieved of command. Seems there are 2(two) missing rifles and so far "they" can't find them......Only 2?......A number of years ago at the Edison Range (Camp Pendleton) a recruit platoon was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden the DI comes bursting into squad bay and rousts all the recruits out of the rack.....There was a problem.....It seems a 1st Lt and the "company gunny" were there to remove ALL the M16s the recruits were using. The 1st Lt showed the DI all the paperwork for the removal.....I don't remember the definitive reason for the removal.... but a working party was set up and all the rifles were put into a military vehicle.....The Lt and the gunny drove off.....The rifles were never seen again.....No 1st Lt or gunny, no nothing.....Paperwork was bogus, bogus!.....Absolutely no due diligence took place.....NONE!.....If the DI would have called someone IE the OD or someone for conformation this would not have happened. The audacity of this caused this theft to succeed