Happy Birthday to our Brother, Russ, (Advanced).
Create Post

Happy Birthday to our Brother, Russ, (Advanced).

I'm a couple of days late, (Old Age). I want to say Happy Birthday to our Brother, Russ. He was a legend in the 3/5 in Nam. He was awarded the coveted title " GG ", which stood for Grunt Gigolo. His Grandkids over in Nam sent him a video day before yesterday in which all 169 of them wished him a Great Birthday. They lovingly call Russ #1..........

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Happy Birthday older than me!

Belated "Happy Birthday" Marine...

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Russ, Happy Birthday!

Well, thank you everyone, I appreciate y'all remembering this great day even though many of you are just barely getting by in your old age. The years have been very good to me, every day has been a holiday and every meal has been a feast.

On Friday, in case inquiring minds want to know, I turned a young 74. I rode my 2 Indians yesterday, and took a ride with both south down the beautiful keys of SW Florida and on the way to Punta Gorda. There's a permanent Vietnam Wall down there and I just wanted to say hello in person to my many friends and brothers there. Many held my back you know, and our line.

My 169 Nam babies aren't babies anymore; they've given me over 700 grandkids, and last count over 2,000 Great-grandkids. I'm proud that I was able to contribute to the war effort back in the day.

My birthday is very easy for Billy to remember as mine is the 24th of Sept and Billy's is the 24th of Oct. One of my X's birthday is next month as well. I'd like to thank each of you for being my brothers. S/F till I Die

Happy belated birthday brother- I'm glad you had a good one.
    Semper Fi

Russ, Who would of thought that guys like you would make it to 74 years old. Putting up with Billy for all these years ,has kept you young. You owe him alot. Happy Birthday. Bil

belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Russ.... many more...

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by billcpoulton View Post
    Russ, Who would of thought that guys like you would make it to 74 years old. Putting up with Billy for all these years ,has kept you young. You owe him alot. Happy Birthday. Bil
    Your so right, Bill.....I'm the one who goes to "The Home" to take care of Russ. I'm the one that fixed it so the young Nurses could quit wearing Body Armor when they took care of Russ. Last time I was there to visit I took this picture of old #1......I showed up at lunch time....

Attached Images Attached Images

Damn Billy, I told you to wait until I stood up for the picture, I could have held my stomach in. As y'all can see I only had one bite.

bill, making it this far is a surprise to me as well. My hardest birthday was #30 when I realized that I was still alive. I owe it all to all those lovely ladies that were always so kind to me. Life is good.

Russ, remember Ruby from Memphis? You told me she was very kind to you.....

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information