Kerry Photo Shocker: Candidate Teamed Up With 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Kerry Photo Shocker: Candidate Teamed Up With 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda

Monday, Feb. 9, 2004 1:45 p.m. EST
    Kerry Photo Shocker: Candidate Teamed Up With 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda

A photo seemingly showing Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry protesting the Vietnam War with anti-American actress "Hanoi Jane" Fonda - the photo Dems fear most - exists, and has been obtained by NewsMax.com.

On Labor Day weekend 1970, Kerry - then a rising star with Vietnam Veteran Against the War - teamed up with Fonda as the two headlined an ugly anti-war in rally in Valley Forge, Pa., railing against U.S. policy in Southeast Asia from the back of the same flatbed truck.

The photo shows "Hanoi Jane" listening raptly as speakers denounced American soldiers for committing "genocide" in Vietnam and accusing the U.S. of "international racism."

Three rows behind 'Hanoi Jane" sits a man who bears a striking resemblance to the Democratic presidential front-runner.

According to Corbis Images, which owns the image, the photo was taken at the same 1970 Valley Forge protest that turned Sen. Kerry into an anti-war star.

Douglas Brinkley's biography "Tour of Duty" chronicles Kerry's exploits at Valley Forge, where he reportedly followed Fonda onto the back of that pick-up truck to deliver his own diatribe against the war in Vietnam.

"We are here because we above all others have earned the right to criticize the war on Southeast Asia," Kerry shouted into the microphone, as Fonda and the crowd cheered wildly.

"By the time [Kerry] hopped off that pick-up truck to thunderous applause," writes Brinkley, "he was the new leader of the VVAW by popular default."

The Massachusetts Democrat's speech also cemented his alliance with Fonda, and the two traveled to Detroit to organize a January 1971 event they called the "Winter Soldier Investigation."

At a Detroit motel, Kerry and Fonda assembled a myriad of disgruntled witnesses claiming to be Vietnam vets, each with his own story of American atrocities.

According to Jug Burkett, whose landmark Vietnam war history "Stolen Valor" chronicles some of Kerry's anti-war misadventures, Fonda played a key role at the Detroit event.

"There's no doubt that Jane Fonda financed the Winter Soldier hearings," Burkett told NewsMax on Monday.

He said that several of the witnesses who testified at the protest's "hearings" later turned out to be complete impostors.

The event prompted "Hanoi Jane" to "adopt" Kerry's group "as her leading cause," writes Brinkley. It was at Kerry's Winter Soldier protest that the anti-American actress met her future husband, Students for a Democratic Society radical Tom Hayden.

The next year Fonda was off to Hanoi, where she mounted an anti-aircraft battery and pretended to shoot down American pilots.

Of Kerry, Burkett told NewsMax, "Any Vietnam veteran who knows what Kerry did after he came home from Vietnam is definitely not a fan of John Kerry."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...9/134218.shtml

Jane Fonda and John Kerry at an anti-war rally in Valley Forge, Pa. (Corbis Images)

Sempers,

Roger

Cool The Photo Dems Fear Most: Kerry with 'Hanoi Jane'

Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004 2:46 p.m. EST
    The Photo Dems Fear Most: Kerry with 'Hanoi Jane'

Democratic Party officials are hoping that no photographs exist of a well-covered Vietnam War protest where soldier-hating actress Jane Fonda and Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry, then an up-and-coming member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, railed against U.S. war policy from the back of the same pickup truck.

"Scores of newspaper articles about the march" exist, according to Kerry biographer Douglas Brinkley.

Dubbed "Operation RAW" (Rapid American Withdrawal), the September 1970 march featured Fonda, Kerry and a motley band of anti-war vets in an 86-mile trek from Morristown, N.J., and Valley Forge, Pa. – two Revolutionary War sites.

According to "Tour of Duty," Brinkley's book on Kerry's war years, when the protesters reached their destination they were treated to Fonda standing in the bed of a pickup truck, where she "denounced the Nixon administration as a beehive for cold blooded killers."

"Marijuana was in the air," said Brinkley. "Skinny dippers frolicked in the Delaware River. ... [The group's] long hair, ripped jeans, army surplus store canteens, and toy guns gave the VVAW the look of a ragtag band of Haight-Ashbury refugees. ...

"Along the marching route, veterans would shout out phrases like 'Kill him!' and 'Cut his belly open' for dramatic effect," said Brinkley.

Others who spoke that day proclaimed the U.S. guilty of "genocide" in Southeast Asia.

Kerry followed Fonda's Nixon denunciation with a rousing anti-war address that made him "the new leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War," Brinkley said. "From Valley Forge onward, [Kerry] was a committed anitwar activist. ..."

From there, Kerry went on to Detroit to organize a particularly offensive bit of guerrilla theater dubbed the "Winter Soldier Investigation," where Fonda presided as U.S. war atrocities were chronicled by "soldiers" who some later suspected were impostors.

After Winter Soldier, writes Brinkley, "Fonda personally adopted [Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War] as her leading cause."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...8/144747.shtml

Sempers,

Roger

Good picture. Cold blooded politician. Not my choice for President.

namgrunt

Would NEVER hey my vote!!

Scroll down on the page and see the cover of his book.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1064640/posts

Nam Gunt:

"Cold blooded politician...."

Name one who isn't.

Registered User Free Member jfreas's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Politicians

Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed for the same reason.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    2 people several rows apart, it's a bloody conspiracy i tell ya!

USMC-FO

You've got a point. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one politicain who isn't cold blooded. I do believe some are more forthright than others. The movie, "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" was a Hollywood fantasy to give the impression that an honest man can get to national office without a machine behind them. It isn't reality, but it sure makes us feel better.

I use cold blooded in this case to underline John F. Kerry's 180% turnaround from his stance in the early 70s. At that time, he made a public show of tossing his medals and awards back. The impression made, was that he was ashamed of having received them. That he considered them loathsome to wear and/or acknowledge. That he, and all others who wore them, had become soiled, by serving where the US government sent us.

Now, he is running for the Presidency, an office which he should loathe, according to his sentiments. In order to garner votes from "Vets", he is now willing to trumpet his status as a Vietnam Veteran, Navy PBR commander, and lift up his Silver Star, Purple Hearts, and other decorations as heroic awards.

Well, he can't have it both ways. He is either a proud combat veteran, OR he is an Anti-war Leader, "friend" of Jane Fonda, AND someone who championed victory for the National Liberation Front of Vietnam. He can't be both, as far as I'm concerned.

I see that as cold blooded in the literal meaning of the words.

Semper Fi!
    namgrunt

Originally posted by namgrunt

Now, he is running for the Presidency, an office which he should loathe, according to his sentiments. In order to garner votes from "Vets", he is now willing to trumpet his status as a Vietnam Veteran, Navy PBR commander, and lift up his Silver Star, Purple Hearts, and other decorations as heroic awards.

Well, he can't have it both ways. He is either a proud combat veteran, OR he is an Anti-war Leader, "friend" of Jane Fonda, AND someone who championed victory for the National Liberation Front of Vietnam. He can't be both, as far as I'm concerned.

I see that as cold blooded in the literal meaning of the words.

Semper Fi!
    namgrunt [/B]
    um, have you ever changed your mind??? or your stand on something??? I can't say that we belonged in 'Nam,,, but we went and the politicians should have stood back and let the military do it's job..... but Americans have the right to disagree with government policy/decisions etc,,, and they have the right to express their disagreement...

J. Kerry had the right to do that, and I think that he would be better off if he just acknowledged that he did and move on,, I would feel different if he had been a draft dodger or deserter,, he went,, he did his time,,,,,, and I don't consider him a friend of Jane Fonda's just because he sat a couple of rows behind her or spoke at a rally after her,,, sheesh....

my brother did two tours of duty in 'Nam,,, when he returned he wanted nothing to do with the government or the military,, even to the point of not collecting benefits he had earned, and he never displayed or talked about (hell, for all I know he might have thrown it away) the fact that he had earned not only a purple heart but a bronze star for valor,, it didn't mean much to him there because of some others who also received them that had cowered under their bunks during the attack....

now he is an active member in the VFW.. and is more forthcoming about some of his experiences in 'Nam

Humm,

for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking of setting up an AntiKerry web site and bought the

Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry web site, last week.

It is now going on-line.

There I will compile a compulation of stories about that scumball and reveal how the Vietnam veteran feels about him.

Any stories of interest I would appreciate getting a link to, or just email them to me and I will make sure they are made available to other veteran organizations, etc.

Time to go on patrol.

SF

Cook

cookbarela@hotmail.com

VietnamVeteransAgainstKerry.com

My appologies, Sparrowhawk, wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Heard the "Vietnam Veterans against John Kerry" web site mentioned on Hannity and Combs last night. I was posting the link to it same time you were.

It's a good site!

SF

SheWolf
    I do know people change their minds. I don't believe he has changed his mind. Kerry is further left politically than Ted Kennedy. The only reason he is now "proud" of his service is because he has a chance to get the seat of power. He came to political recognition through the senate hearing he testified at. He is on record about his assessment of this nation and the men who went to serve. He has never revised or changed that official record.

When he threw medals on the Capitol steps, they weren't even his medals. I too, served two tours in Veitnam. I too, wasn't a happy camper when I came back, since part of my face was blown off. But I NEVER rooted for the other side to win. Kerry did.

Kerry was at rallies with Hanoi Jane. He helped initiate the 'Winter Soldier hearing" in Detroit. He organized disruptive anti-war clashes. His activities are too far-reaching and long standing to be ignored or dismissed. He changed his mind??? Not good enough for me. Jane Fonda has supposedly changed her mind too. I still won't see any production she is involved with, nor watch her movies on late night television.

If this seems emotional to you, so be it. I will not retract, nor apoligize for a single word of it. That is my prerogative.

Please understand I am not angry at you, SheWolf. I'm angry at a man who turned his back on this nation and collaborated with the enemy. I've heard reported just today, that General Giap is said to have thanked the antiwar movements for prolonging the war, otherwise, the North might have collapsed and sued for peace. What does that say?

I'm glad your brother has begun to heal enough to talk about his experiences. I hope he goes back and collects all the benefits he is entitled to, since he already paid for them. We all have had to heal from the effects of war and combat. That is the same from one generation to the next, regardless of which side you are on.

Calming down, (out goes the bad air, ...in comes the good)
    namgrunt

Great web site

Originally posted by radio relay
    My appologies, Sparrowhawk, wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Heard the "Vietnam Veterans against John Kerry" web site mentioned on Hannity and Combs last night. I was posting the link to it same time you were.

It's a good site!

SF
    No problem, I'm glad others are thinking alike, didn't know that site existed, but now I am placing a link to it.

Thanks

I appreciate, the info.

Semper Fi

Cook

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    I keep waiting for the infamous:

Yes, but I didn't inhale

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004 9:35 a.m. EST
    Matthews: Kerry Has 'Hanoi Jane' Problem

MSNBC "Hardball" host and longtime Democrat Chris Matthews said Tuesday that a photo showing Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry protesting the Vietnam war with "Hanoi" Jane Fonda is a real problem for his party's top candidate.

While offering sharp criticism of President Bush for not serving in Vietnam, Matthews told radio host Don Imus Tuesday morning: "You've got the Jane Fonda problem on the other side. The thing with her is, she was on the other side - she was on Hanoi's side during that war."

"And I'll tell you," Matthews continued, "everybody I knew, including me, who was against the war - I wouldn't have anything to do with a person who supported Hanoi."

Kerry, then head of the radical anti-war group Vietnam Veterans Against the War, worked closely with Fonda on two war protests: a September 1970 rally in Valley Forge, Pa., where Fonda and Kerry spoke from the back of the same pickup truck, and a January 1971 protest they called the "Winter Solider Investigation," where fabricated testimony of U.S. war atrocities was presented.

Asked about the NewsMax.com photo showing Sen. Kerry protesting the war with "Hanoi" Jane at Valley Forge, Matthews observed, "That will be in the Republican [campaign] ads."

Thread Information