Need advice on shipping issue
Create Post

Need advice on shipping issue

So my recruiter called me and told me they had an early ship date slot if i want to take it i said sure and accepted come to find out afterwards he said my job i wanted (infantry) had 0 slots open so i went ahead and talked to him about other avaliable jobs he offered me MSG as a job and i accepted come to find out 1 day later he said theh waited too long and lost the job too so i asked about what he did have and heard 0 jobs i was intrested in i told him im not shipping early than and said it was gonna be a problem bc they already put me in the system. Is he giving me some bs?

Similar Threads:

A poolee can stay in their DEP for 365 days. As long as you're under that timeline, you don't have to ship. You were doing that recruiter a favor by agreeing to ship early, they did not uphold their end of the deal through no fault of your own. They put you in the system, and can take you out. Tell them you'll wait for something you're interested in (as long as you still have the time to wait).

I did two tours of MSG (embassy) duty. I was a guard at two different embassies (Guatemala and Nicaragua) and also the commander of the guard detachments at two different embassies (Brazil and Haiti). If I could, I would do it again. If that opportunity pops up again, I recommend you jump on it. It's not an easy job, and can be dangerous depending on the threat situation where you're posted. But, it gives you the opportunity to live and travel to places you've never heard of before.

Good luck.

Okay thank you so much for the help yeah that MSG job really caught my eye seemed like a great opprituinity! Too bad they couldnt secure it for me hopefully it will surface again.

Thread Information