Questions about 1st CEB
Create Post

Questions about 1st CEB

I got my orders today in MOS school and I am going to 1st CEB Camp Pendleton. I have a few questions because I wanted to know what 1st CEB is like.

i understand their are multiple Line Companies as well as an H&S company and I believe a general engineering company. I’m not sure how accurate that is. It was just what another Marine in the schoolhouse told me. Can someone let me know what the different companies are exactly/what they do? and also give me a little info you think I should know about 1st CEB? Thank you.

Similar Threads:

TRaw if you're now a Marine PM an administrator to have your cat. changed from Poolee/Dep to Marine. but as for the rest, here is a link, maybe you've already seen it, but there is some info here on 1st CEB
    http://www.1stmardiv.marines.mil/Units/1ST-CEB/

Thanks, wasn’t sure how to get it changed! But yeah I saw that just a bit ago. I’m more looking for personal experiences from people. Thank you though!

Camp Pendleton is nice, I can tell you that much. So at least you got that going for you. That's about all I can offer. Also, USMC is restructuring the infantry a bit having removed the assaultman MOS to have engineers more integrated among the regular infantry.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...gineer-squads/

Mike

Won't be much help either but will add my two cents.

Was assigned to the 1stCEBn CamPen back in the late 80's (long time ago I know). Was a Company Admin Clerk, Company and Battalion Career Planner - not an engineer.

I remember there being 4 line companies and a H&S Company in the battalion, along with battalion headquarters. Construction engineers spent a lot of time with demolitions, line charges, clearing minefields, etc. Engineers did spend some time out in the field on field exercises. Heavy equipment operators spent as much time cleaning and PM'ing their machines as they did using them. At that time, the battalion was located in the San Mateo area of the base on the northern end near San Clemente.

Just visited Camp Pendleton two weeks ago. Of course, it has changed a lot since I was there - for the better. Facilities like barracks/messhalls are newer/nicer. Weather is great as expected for Southern California. Downside is the cost of living in SoCal is outrageous. Gasoline in town is near $4.00 a gallon and a little cheaper on base. Worst part is, too many people and cars (traffic is horrendous anywhere you go).

Good luck Devil.

Thread Information