Daddy Issues
Create Post

Thread: Daddy Issues

Daddy Issues

Frowned upon to knock your dad out for telling you that joining infantry is the ****tiest job you can get and that I'm lying to myself if I think I can become a Raider? Had me so heated I was shaking.

Similar Threads:

All I can say is that your statement is a matter from which perspective it was made. The infantry or grunts do have a tough job to do. Their job requires a lot of heavy lifting; for which they never receive the recognition, thanks, or rewards they deserve.

As far as lying to yourself? Prove him wrong for all the right reasons!

ORDO AD CHAO

That's exactly what I told him, it was a matter of his own opinion. I also thought that I will for damn sure prove him wrong, but that will be a result of accomplishing the things I want, not in efforts to show him he was wrong.

Depends what you want to do. There are days you'll wish you listened to him, but in the end you won't regret it.

As far as being a raider, if you are healthy enough when the time comes that will all be on you.

Parents show their love and concern in different ways. I had family that were supportive and that essentially called me stupid. It was the best decision I ever made in my life.

Mike

The guy is a complete jackass. I just found out from my older brother he’s been using meth. He thinks he knows everything and is better than me but I must say after watching him go in and out of prison my whole life and use drugs and it’s obviously still continuing, I shouldn’t validate a word he says. I wish I didn’t care to the extent I do. He doesn’t deserve my brothers and I, thinks he’s entitled to my brothers and I loyalty just because he can stick his dick in someone. I’m ready for boot.

I thought he was just being a dickhead (my friend's dad threatened to break his legs if he tried to join the military, he's on his way to Afghanistan now).

Your dad sounds like he has his own problems and demons. I'd say never write off family entirely unless it's absolutely necessary, but nothing wrong with keeping negativity at a distance. He obviously doesn't have his **** put together all that well, and he certainly isn't owed anything by you.

Thread Information