Women in the infantry - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Candidly put.....no....absolutely not.

No women in any form (or MOS) of direct ground combat.
    No integrated direct combat units.
    No integrated boot camp training platoons.

It's just a politically correct experiment which I think is folly.
    My opinion on this subject is irrelevant anyway.
    To each their own.....label me anything you like.

As far as wanting to earn the EGA....hope all goes well.

That's my take on it....carry on.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good post, Wayne. Get a new swimsuit, and you will be able to compete---these days anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    Good post, Wayne. Get a new swimsuit, and you will be able to compete---these days anything goes.

Haha.....thanks for the encouragement!
    I'm elated....just need to find a cute bikini that flatters my hairy chest.

Hope all is well Dave.....back to topic.

They're out there today albeit in very small numbers still. Those numbers will slowly rise as more graduate from ITB, join infantry battalions in the fleet, and deploy.

Still to be seen how those female Marines will acquit themselves in combat/combat support roles, and how the American leadership/public will react when they start coming home in flag-draped coffins (not to mention being held captive and tortured).

It'll take years, maybe even decades, but we'll see how this liberal experiment ultimately turns out and what effect it has on our Corps' legacy. Us old salts will probably never know.

Credits
    Savings
    And it won't be the first time that the Corps changed, for better or worse, because society changed. These things are hardly ever well thought out. They just change, and figure it out later. The important thing seems to be change itself, as a goal in itself. End of sermon.

Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    Candidly put.....no....absolutely not.

No women in any form (or MOS) of direct ground combat.
    No integrated direct combat units.
    No integrated boot camp training platoons.

It's just a politically correct experiment which I think is folly.
    My opinion on this subject is irrelevant anyway.
    To each their own.....label me anything you like.

As far as wanting to earn the EGA....hope all goes well.

That's my take on it....carry on.
    As a former grunt, I totally agree!

I agree on not integrating boot camp... I doubt there are many (if any) benefits to be gained by sprinkling a few women among the infantry, but if done right there is no reason it would or should weaken the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    As a former grunt, I totally agree!
    Brother K300......hope all is well with you and your family orbit.

That's 3 of us.....you were an 03'.....and you speak truth.
    I wasn't an 03 but we chopped and/or convoyed in with 'em.
    I'm very weary of this PC crap.

I stand by my opinion....period.

SF Brothers....back to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    I agree on not integrating boot camp... I doubt there are many (if any) benefits to be gained by sprinkling a few women among the infantry, but if done right there is no reason it would or should weaken the force.
    Sorry.....I disagree....all aspects considered, it will weaken efficacy in the long view.
    But...to each their own opinion on this issue.

Back to topic......

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 2571 View Post
    And it won't be the first time that the Corps changed, for better or worse, because society changed. These things are hardly ever well thought out. They just change, and figure it out later. The important thing seems to be change itself, as a goal in itself. End of sermon.
    I get it...but, I don't care.
    "change" for the sake of change means little to me.
    It's what's smart or prudent in this context that I measure as worthy of considerations.

Shvt.....I need a drink.

It may weaken it -- but so long as the USMC upholds their PT requirements (and in fact they have raised them since this integration was announced, so thus far I see that only as improving the infantry) and command is maintained and toxic leadership issues are avoided, I don't see how it will weaken anything.

Now there are ways it COULD weaken things, but thus far nothing I have seen about how the USMC plans to/is implementing it demonstrates it is likely to weaken the infantry.

Mike

Hollywood has shown that integration of the military at all levels, and in particular, the infantry, works to perfection and without problems of any kind... no problems with "sexual harassment", gender typing, or failure rate due to inability to perform.... movies like "Starship Troopers" prove Hollywood is right, and as we all know, our former administration accepted Hollywood's opinion as if it were written on stone tablets.... I stand with my brother ChuLaiVet 1966 on this one... a "politically correct social experiment" that is doomed to failure... the big question is "how badly will this little experiment HURT the US Military and it's ability to carry out the mission of protecting the United States against aggression".... when "prom queens" start coming home in body bags, the "hue and cry" of the mothers of America will put an end to this little bit of "social engineering" as quickly as the Obozo administration implemented it....

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    Hollywood has shown that integration of the military at all levels, and in particular, the infantry, works to perfection and without problems of any kind... no problems with "sexual harassment", gender typing, or failure rate due to inability to perform.... movies like "Starship Troopers" prove Hollywood is right, and as we all know, our former administration accepted Hollywood's opinion as if it were written on stone tablets
    Hey Brother oldtop....

All very good points.
    Add to that this 3rd wave feminism mentality that contemporary western women like to tout and boast about.
    Women can do everything men can do, we don't need men and their delusional, narcissistic narrative continues on.

Thanks for chiming in on this one and hope all is well with you and yours.

Back to topic....

As a Grunt......I saw more than a few Grunts that was total shet-heads, and when the shet hit the fan....they were always coward down eating dirt. Most snuffie units had their share of self inflicted wounds. These are things you don't want to hear, but it's true. I'm more than sure that some of these Women Marines would make it in the Infantry.

Credits
    Savings
    For those of you that don't know it, Billy's (Mongoose) avatar is not a photo of Billy the Kid but of Billy Mongoose himself. Just thought you folks would like to know.

Thread Information