Hello
Create Post

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello, so when I was 15 (currently 19) I was charged for domestic assault and battery. I plead no contest. As I understand, I got adjudicated. However, I was also told that this is a misdemeanor. I have tried looking everywhere if that what I did 4 years ago will affect my chances of getting in to the marines, or if I might need a waiver. I honestly do not know much about this, so any help is appreciated. Sorry if I worded the question weirdly.
    -Thank you.
    Roman

Send a private message to Kamauxx. He may be able to answer your question.

Good luck.

Have you talked with your local Marine recruiter?

Not yet. I want to know the effects it might have had. Also dont want to look stupid :/ in case they say "Hello no", probably wont happen but ... Anyways, just want to find out more before I contact local recruiter.

I haven't been on recruiting duty for over 20 years, but I think you would only require a district level waiver. Check with your local recruiter.

alright, thank you

Ok, i am going to be completely honest. I am not 19, i am 16. I WAS charged when was 15 years old for domestic assault. I plead no contest. I given deffered adjucation in that case. However, I am being charged AGAIN for domestic violence, something I did not do this time. Last time I plead no contest because I did not think it would affect my chances of being able to join the marines. However, my court date is this Monday, and I am trying to figure out if I should plead guilty or not guilty. If i plead guilty it will make things much simpler. However, due to my type of case, pleading Not guilty would make everything extremely complicated and difficult because the evidence contradicts the prosecution but it also contradicts my statement. So yeah; not going to get into that. I am trying to figure out what I should do, because I honestly did not do anything this time but I also do not want to make things harder than they should be. I probably cant contact a recruiter because I am not trying to join the marines right now because I cant. So... how I understand, I will probably need a waiver if I am found guilty this time. From what you said and from what I researched online on gov./ military sites. O man.

Yep! Tell a lie; it's always best! Frankly, I hope you are never are allowed in the Marine Corps.

ORDO AD CHAO

You need a lawyer, not advice from random people on the internet. If you aren't represented, you can't fully comprehend the repercussions of making the right/wrong call on your legal decisions now -- a professional may seem expensive, but it can change the outcome of the rest of your life.

Nobody will give you legal advice on the internet.. If someone does, they are wrong and don't know ****. Get a lawyer. Not getting a lawyer is a disastrous mistake on your part. A lot more is at stake than the USMC. Don't be stupid (though I know that may be hard for you), and get a lawyer.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What state do you live in (your profile is woefully incomplete)? Most states I know of require juvenile criminal defendants to be represented by an attorney, and will appoint one if your family's income is below a certain level.

Thread Information