More MCT Questions (sorry)
Create Post

More MCT Questions (sorry)

Okay I forgot to add this to my other post so I’m just going to make a separate one. Upon arrival at Camp Geiger for MCT, will my boyfriends family be sent a letter home regarding what their mailing address is? I know it’s only 29 days long, but I’d still like to send him letters if I can. I basically know most of his information except for his class number, and the last time I spoke to him he didn’t know it either.

Similar Threads:

He should be able to call home whenever he isn't busy. But most of his time will be spent outside of USPS range so receiving/sending letters may not happen too often.

No, they will not receive a letter. In some ways, communication at MCT is even harder than bootcamp.

He may be picked up for training same day he gets there or it may take a few days for the company to form. As soon as he is picked up, he'll have to turn his cellphone in. My niece got her phone back twice during her 29 days at MCT. Both times, the battery was dead and had to be recharged. Then, once charged, she couldn't get service so never called (or sent a letter). But, this is the same person who never bothered to call home on Liberty Sunday at PI either (she opted to go pig-out on junk food at the MCX instead).

Understand. The purpose of MCT is combat training. Meaning, very little time is spent inside a classroom or barracks (where his phone is stored). Majority of their time is spent outside, miles away, learning infantry tactics, firing multiple weapons on ranges, humping (hiking) for miles, etc. I don't even know if they have mail call out in the field at MCT.

Thread Information