MG Contract/Special Forces
Create Post

MG Contract/Special Forces

Hello Marines, and thank you in advance for your responses and advice. I am currently in the Delayed Entry Program with an MG contract. From what my recruiter tells me, it was formerly a 5 year contract for Marine Security Forces. I am interested in this contract because previously the contract entailed 1 year for the appropriate schools, 2 years of Security Force Duty, and 2 years of infantry. My long term goal in terms of the Marine Corps is to hopefully get into Recon with hopes of working into MARSOC somewhere down the line in my career. I was curious if the new MG contract follows the same pipeline and if this would be a good way at working towards my long term goal, if not, what are some alternative routes that might also help me reach those goals?