Am I allowed to do this in DEP?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Am I allowed to do this in DEP?

I'd rather not ask my recruiter this awkward question...

I am a poolee; Can I ask another poolee out? Like for her number then idk maybe date her?

Similar Threads:

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Normally, anything that is not prohibited is allowed. But not always. What's wrong with asking your recruiter? It's a legit question, not embarrassing just because you don't know the answer. Recruiter will give you the info you need. Not a reason in the world not to ask him or her.

Keep us posted here on this thread. There was no such thing as DEP when I was in, so I don't know the answer to your question. But think about this. Suppose someone here says yeah go ahead, ain't nothing wrong with it, and you do it and come to find out, it WAS prohibited, and you never even asked about it but got your info from one of us here!

Hahah. My recruiter set my wife and I up as prom dates about 10 years ago. You can see how that worked out. We've been together longer than he was with any of his wives.

Mike

Grow a pair. Ask your recruiter. It may be refreshing for them to actually see a boy interested in a girl - something that's becoming less common in todays society.

One thing you don't want to do is get her pregnant. That would mess things up for both of you (in more ways than one).

Good luck.

I dunno I don't think there are any more gay people now than they have ever been... they just have a safe place in society so they can be out.

But yea, definitely don't get her pregnant.

Mike

Yeah, ask her out, but don't get her pregnant. wink.gif

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just don't get feelings. She's entering a target rich environment for a female. She could look like Rosie Odonnel and would be beating Marines off with a stick.

^^^good point. Since when do Marines care what they look like anyways? Just check out the spouses on any USMC installation. Any port in the storm.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Well, OP, did you find out the answer?? Maybe he can't answer because he's in the poolee brig. I hope not.

Keep us updated, please.

Cody, when you enlisted you should have signed something laying out for you what you can and can't do while in the DEP.

As a former recruiter the last thing I wanted is for a female Poolee to even LOOK at someone capable of impregnating her. A male Poolee getting a female Poolee pregnant would mean the SNCOIC has to find two new bodies to replace the two that are about to be pool discharges. I say all that to say, if you ask your recruiter he will say "no", even if it isn't explicitly written anywhere.

FINALLY! We have a recruiter!! No more guessing on our parts. We are all sending them your way Kamauxx. Thank you for being here Devil!!!

To be fair I left recruiting duty last year. But believe me, it's still fresh in my mind. I'll help where I can.

We've had recruiters in the past but they seemed to disappear first opportunity they had.

I have a friend who's a Career Recruiting Officer. He's currently an OpsO at one of the district headquarters but don't know which one.

you should change your name, you never know who else you might find on this forum that came from Anderson, do you guys still run your IST around the mall?

Thread Information