How to see combat in 2017!!!
Create Post

How to see combat in 2017!!!

My name is Matt, 21 years old from Iowa. Ever since I spent childhood nights watching old programs on the military channel about the great accomplishments/sacrifices of our boys from previous generations it has been my dream to be a grunt. I have always greatly looked up to and had the upmost respect for the grunts of previous conflicts. I am only willing to sign a contract if it states that I have a 100% chance to be sent to an active combat zone. Is there any way to make this happen today? The date is 06/26/2017. I absolutely will not sign unless this is somehow guaranteed in my contract. Any advice on how to make this happen? I have no desire for any other type of military service. Would seriously appreciate some opinions/advice before I go see a recruiter. I would prefer to serve an as 03xx but I am open to 11B in the Army as well. Much love brothers.

Similar Threads:

Join the Marines and go special forces��

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Forget getting any such proviso in an enlistment contract. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

And why in the world would you want to see combat so bad? I think you've been playing too many video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Forget getting any such proviso in an enlistment contract. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

And why in the world would you want to see combat so bad? I think you've been playing too many video games.
    spot on the mark here, with the guarantee, gone are the days where like me, I went in under the Combat Arms program, $2500.00 bonus, (a lot of money then, lol) but even that didn't guarantee I was to stay there, they froze my mos 0331 but after my first deployment I went to Quantico, them to Panama, in Sp. Ops.

on the last part, my thoughts exactly, or been watching to may of the old War movies.

Won't happen - and you're nobody special. Your enlistment contract won't even guarantee you a specific MOS (job), let alone, you'll be sent to a combat zone. Individuals are not deployed to a combat zone, units are. You may end up in a deployable unit (not all are), and you may not.

Infantry contracts are the first to disappear because everybody (like you) wants one but there are only so many to go around. Your recruiter may not even have an infantry contract to offer you. Or, they may have one in a reserve unit but not active duty.

When you talk to a recruiter. You'll find, the only thing they'll promise you is the opportunity to earn the title. The job you end up with in the Marine Corps will be based on the needs of the USMC. Your needs are secondary - at best.

If you're not flexible with your demands, don't waste a USMC recruiter's time. Walk down the hallway and talk to the Army - they may listen to you. And thanks for letting me know the date today - I had no clue.

The Marine Corps offers a recon contract (if its available), which is only the opportunity to TRY out for recon off the bat. Few make it. Likewise the army offersspecial forces contracts (18X), and may still offer ranger contracts. Same deal, these are only for a shot at TRYING OUT for one of these special MOS's. I would THINK a ranger contract would be your best bet if it still exists. Again, there are no guarantees, but its an easier path than recon or special forces, and unlike special forces they have a direct action mission. They are an assault force.

The army and Marine Corps have transitioned to kicking you into a random MOS, or in the case of 18X, switching you to some support role for the actual high speed guys, if you fail out of the indoc. MOST FAIL. So keep that in mind. Everyone goes there thinking they won't fail, most are physically fit enough to complete it, many have never quit anything before in their life, and most fail. If you do opt to go this path, you will need to go above and beyond to prepare physically and mentally. And you also just need to be someone who doesn't suck so they don't just reject you cause you won't fit in or they won't like you.

Mike

Must play a lot of video games ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Must play a lot of video games ...
    Bingo!

I think we have a winner right here - my money is on Kegs for the call.

8-)

Probably true. But, so do a lot of Marines (there's a gaming system in just about every room in the BEQ). Doesn't really mean much.

Thread Information