Questions about DEP
Create Post

Questions about DEP

So right now I'm in DEP. I went to MEPS and my ship date is October 10. I was just wondering if there is anyway to get out of the DEP as I want to be an officer now. I was just wondering if I'm SOL or is there a way to drop out of DEP and then come into the Marine Core as an officer.

Similar Threads:

Here's my suggestion to you. The word is CORPS; not core. Check your spelling.

ORDO AD CHAO

Quote Originally Posted by Bizonboyz08 View Post
    So right now I'm in DEP. I went to MEPS and my ship date is October 10. I was just wondering if there is anyway to get out of the DEP as I want to be an officer now. I was just wondering if I'm SOL or is there a way to drop out of DEP and then come into the Marine Core as an officer.
    You can "come into" the Marine Corps as an officer IF you are a graduate of the Naval Academy, otherwise Goggle all the info. on how to become a "Marine Officer". There is just too much to list here in a forum post.

Read more and post less, to get the real picture. Good Luck.

You need to go ask your recruiter this question, not us. There are no recruiters here on this page. If you want to be an officer, first thing you need to learn is the difference between a "core" and "corps".

What everyone else said. If you are a candidate for being an officer I'm confident the OSO would work with your recruiter to make it happen. Seems like you need to do some research on what is involved in becoming an officer.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DaShadow View Post

You can "come into" the Marine Corps as an officer
    IF you are a graduate of the Naval Academy,

otherwise Goggle all the info. on how to become a "Marine Officer".
    There is just too much to list here in a forum post.

Read more and post less,
    to get the real picture.

Good Luck.
    You aren't telling "Sweetpea" to look for
    a SEARCH function on this site and elsewhere are you ?

Thread Information