High school diploma validation
Create Post

High school diploma validation

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of information regarding high school diplomas. I had recently met up with a Marine recruiter and after filling out a tonne of paperwork he had told me I need to get my diploma verified (I'm from Canada) to make sure it is the equivalent of a US high school diploma. So he had informed me we would be going to this office to give them my diploma and have them check it out however it had a fee of $160.00 for a rushed service, now I told my recruiter many times that I did not wish to pay that much and that we should go the cheaper route which was $60.00 and only took two to three extra days to receive, he wasn't having it. Long story short he ended up paying the $160.00 fee and expected me to pay him back, now my question to you is, is this fee covered by the USMC meaning that he would get it back through them seeing as how in my eyes that would fall under a government expense or is he really expecting me to pay him back for something I had told him I did not wish to pay?