Berets for U.S. Marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who in the hell would want to wear one of the Frenchie sissy things? NOT NO MARINE, IF HE/SHE IS A MARINE. WHO DO WE WRITE TO VOICE OUR OPINION TO IN D.C.?
    I WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD IN ONE OF THEM STUPID THINGS.
    BUNCH OF CRAP.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

First of all, the so-called beret was originally authorized for Army Special Forces, Rangers and Green Berets. It doesn't belong anyplace else including regular Army types. The Army uniform happens to be the ugliest of all in my opinion. Did you ever notice all the "bells and whistles" on some of the Army uniforms. These guys looking like walking pinball machines. The Marine Corps uniform is one and universal. First it readilly identifies one as a Marine. You're either an officer or an NCO and we wear our rank. That's it; no muss no fuss. I've got bad news for you bros. I've recently read (I believe in the Marine Corps Times) that the Army is trying to steal the design of our new cammies and our 8 pointed soft cover. Here we go again with the old NATO s--t where everybody has to be the same. Remember when we had to dith the 45 cal. for the M-9, the M-14 for the AR-16 and the distinctive green utilities. for the original cammies which the Army still wears. One good thing about the old utility uniform is that you had to tuck in your blouse. There was no hiding those few extra pounds. I hope Mike Hagee, current Commandant, "has a pair" to fight this stupid beret thing.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Smile Berets are for FRENCH GAYS!

WE ARE UNITED STATES MARINES, and we don't need some medals on our uniforms or a beret to make us feel "special", "unique", or even "ELITE" like we already are!

WE ARE THE ULTIMATE SOLDIER! We are United States Marines!
    THE BIGGEST BADDEST MOFOS IN ANY VALLEY!

SO TAKE YOUR SISSY BERET AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi Brothers and Sisters!

Registered User Free Member mardet65's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We don't need no stinking berets! Marine Corps headgear is unique to us as it should be. All change isn't for the good anymore than all motion is forward>

Registered User Free Member jdtucker0193's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    There was serious talk at Headquarters Marine Corps during the early 1980s. General PX Kelly wore one while he was in England earlier in his career with the British Royal Marines and was quoted as being fond of them. I remember the discussion going as far as either a Green to match Alphas or Camo to match the new woodland pattern of the time.

The discussion died when "they" said the Barracks cover would be sacrified in its place.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wasn't Gen. Kelly the one who had us go to V-neck white T-shirts, and putting a chevron on our cover? Glad those didn't last long... We would tease the new 2nd Lieutenants that the bar in their covers made it easier for snipers to "triangulate" their shots.

“Raisin-Heads”; that is what comes to mind when I think of berets...

Marine Corps headgear is unique to us as it should be
    I noticed that the Navy sentries manning the gates at Jax NAS were wearing the "eight-point" Marine covers when I went on base last month. The covers were even starched! I have to admit, they looked considerably more professional in the eight-points and boots & utes , then they would have in a ball-cap...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Never gonna happen!

The other services attempt to imitate or duplicate the Corps, not the other way around.

Right after the new digital pattern cammies were introduced, the other services looked to copy them. Again, imitation is a sign of flattery. The Corps has never been in the business of imitating the army or providing them such flattery.

Here's a few other copy-cat moves by the army:

Marines develop the first Humvee recruiting vehicles, then the army launches there own.
    Marines launch advertising that speaks about intangible qualities like challenge, pride, honor, courage. Army tries to do the same.
    Marines develop "Team Marines" racing program in NASCAR Busch Series, Army follows by going into Nascar (then Winston Cup) Nextel Cup.
    Marines develop the 13-man rifle squad... guess what the army did?
    Marines pioneered the three block war and who is still trying?
    Marines introduce pre-positioning ships and assets... now who wants to buy boats?

WE PAVE THE WAY! I'm sure there are other examples we can all point to. The army can keep the berets! If only the army knew how non-threatening they look!

SF,

Sixguns

Registered User Free Member rabat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    A beret is a fighting mans cover and if the Corps brings it into the supply system we will have to fight every other service because we wear it. Want a cover ? Bring back the campaign cover.

If Campaign covers come back, it will dampen the image which has struck fear in the hearts of new herds on both coasts. There is no more revered image in a Marine's memory, than the first real Marine NCO sticking his head in the door of the bus, scowling under his signature Smokey Bear, and bellowing "NOW HEAR THIS !!"

Screw the berets, but leave the Campaign cover alone, in it's revered status. ...And, no, I wasn't a Drill Instructor, I was just trained by the best.

Yeah, I know the Army has copied the Campaign cover for their drill cadres. That don't mean nuthin! Their "HATS" don't have the black Eagle, Globe, and fouled Anchor on them. Not the same beast, at all.

Berets are for the army or the french, NOT THE MARINE CORPS!!!

If it aint broke, DON"T FIX IT! Besides, if they gave us Berets (no matter the color) they'd have to issue us sunglasses...then how would we tell who went to Hollywood for 3 months of fun in the sand and sun?

Semper Fi,

Joe

Registered User Free Member SgtG27's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The day the Corps adopts a beret is the day I run for the front gate SCREAMING!

Thread Information