Eagle Scout bonus
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member Jprez556's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Eagle Scout bonus

Hello all, I am currently 16, and Im close to obtaining Eagle scout. I want to earn the coveted title of United States Marine, but a have a question, Ive been looking around on the internet and I saw that if I enlisted and showed the recruiter the proper paperwork, Id be an E-3? But I also saw E-2. Im fine with whatever but Id just like to know which one so Im not confused

Similar Threads:

E-2 as far as I know. But your recruiter will know for sure when you talk to them (must be at least 17 first).

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I know I have to be 17, that's why I look all over the Internet. It sucks because I have late birthday, but thank you, and would you happen to know an answer to this? I took my ASVAB in May of 2016 and I got a 57, so I've heard that the score last 2 years, but would I have to take it again if I enlist before May of 2018? Or can I use this current score?

You would be able to get Pfc out of Boot Camp as did My Son. Hope You make Eagle Scout.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Sgt! I surely will!

You don't want to use that score if you don't have to. 57 is a low score and will limit your job opportunities (you could probably drive a truck). You need to get ahold of some ASVAB study guides online, at a bookstore, or your public library. Study hard, take as many practice tests as you can, and retake the test (if your recruiter will let you). Your goal should be to get that score up as high as you can. Higher the score, the more jobs you'll qualify for.

Good luck.

Ditto. And that score can follow you, if, say, you want to change jobs or apply for different programs down the road. You may have the opportunity to retake it later, or you may not.

If you get some ASVAB study books and have trouble with some of the material, the best part about still being in high school is hopefully some of your teachers would be willing to work with you.

Mike

Thread Information