Intelligence vs. Logistics?
Create Post

Intelligence vs. Logistics?

So I joined the DEP in December and ship out in August. Intel had been my first and favorite choice and was pretty much official(I know, should've got it in writing) but my recuriter told me yesterday that all Intel spots were filled but that he could get me Logistics. I've spoken with a couple of former/current Marines and for the most part, they say to drop the DEP and wait for what I really want. My recruiter thinks otherwise. And I don't know any intel or logistics guys to ask.

So can anyone tell me the best option? And is Logistics a good MOS? How is it compared to Intelligence?

Not sure if it matters, but my ASVAB/DLAB scores qualified me for nearly every job in the Marine Corps.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Your recruiter can't offer you what they don't have. Intel slots disappear about as fast as infantry slots do and are hard to come by.

You can either tell your recruiter you'll wait around for an intel contract (which may never happen), or you can take what is available now. You can stay in your DEP for up to 365 days so you have to decide how eager you are to ship to bootcamp, and how lucky you feel.

Read the similar threads below your question.

They are very different jobs. This isn't to say you won't be happy in either. Personally, logistics was not for me and I don't think I would have been happy there. If I were looking at intel, I wouldn't jump into logistics. I'm not a dumb guy, and I loved the infantry. Do what you WANT to do in the Marine Corps.

Mike

Thread Information