Falling behind on a hike - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    My attitude toward this forum is. I'm willing to answer any questions, and give any advice, based on my own personal experiences, as long as the wannabe is respectful to those of us who have earned the coveted title they seek. No promises I will give them the answers they want to hear. But, as long as they are respectful to me, I will be respectful to them. No different than the attitude I had with the Marines I led on active duty.
    Of course and not an unreasonable way of thinking. Your original post pretty much covered all bases regarding my question. I think there's been a misunderstanding regarding between Hammer and I but if he, and anyone else, feels that my question was 'whiny,' there's not much I can do except say that I am not complaining about the difficulty of hikes, nor am I here to try and receive some positive encouragement, pat on the shoulder and a "you can do it!" I'm sure my future DIs will give me all the "encouragement" I could want. I'm only here to recognize my current limits, the possible consequences should I ship off to boot camp with said limits, and what I can actually do to improve myself to avoid those consequences. Again, thanks to all for their feedback, insight, and advice.

Oh man have any of you read any of this kids other threads? In a round about way what the old crew taught me was look into back story before you post and i sometimes read em to refresh myself on stuff. This kid if not currently in the DEP claims to have already gone to MEPS back in June of 2014 then he was 18 the kid is now 20 maybe 21? He kind of acted the same way in those other threads too.

Back to the OP you dont get the luxury to decide if falling back is falling out your Drill Instructors if you ever get them will decide that for you. And if you want to become a heat causality the Corpsman has something to remedy that too..

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Oh man have any of you read any of this kids other threads? In a round about way what the old crew taught me was look into back story before you post and i sometimes read em to refresh myself on stuff. This kid if not currently in the DEP claims to have already gone to MEPS back in June of 2014 then he was 18 the kid is now 20 maybe 21? He kind of acted the same way in those other threads too.

Back to the OP you dont get the luxury to decide if falling back is falling out your Drill Instructors if you ever get them will decide that for you. And if you want to become a heat causality the Corpsman has something to remedy that too..
    Yup, back when I needed a waiver. But at the time, the recruiter I had wouldn't work with me so I finished high school and went to college. Fast forward to now and I talked to a new recruiter who helped me and got everything taken care of. Don't see the relevance in this though, if you're hinting at something. But you're right, I am acting the same way I did in those threads; respectful.

I suppose it depends on who your DIs are. I'm assuming they have the power to chapter you out themselves if they see that you aren't putting in work, quit or not. Are you referring to the 'silver bullet' I've heard about?

Thread Information