Rocky C - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rocky C

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Ha! He's so special even his obituary is classified. Guess that makes SGT7477 some kind of super secret spy or sumpthin, since he reported it first?
    Nice try Boot,Lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

Nah I'm not even trying yet there killer. You'll know when I start to. Yut!

Well boot don't get your panties in a group, it's OOHRAH, Semper Fidelis.

We're all boot to somebody, since I don't think Samuel Nichols is on LN.com.

Got any big plans for the birthday? You're welcome to join us in Pittsburgh. Maybe you'll get to be the oldest Marine at the cake cutting. You know what that means of course, right?

Errrrr...kill. Eat babies.

Hell, even Mongoose is boot to me. Billy is boot in life, boot in the Corps, and boot in the Nam. Who cares.

You know that old saying, Russ....it ain't how old you are....it's how many miles you stack up.

We're all boot to somebody, since I don't think Samuel Nichols is on LN.com.

Got any big plans for the birthday? You're welcome to join us in Pittsburgh. Maybe you'll get to be the oldest Marine at the cake cutting. You know what that means of course, right?

Errrrr...kill. Eat babies.
    Well Marine at our birthday here we treat the oldest Marine with the utmost respect, Semper Fidelis.

That's why tradition says the oldest gets to eat the first piece of cake, right brother?

I have the utmost respect for our elder Marines here, and you know who you are. You won't find another Marine website with the wisdom provided here for our young Marines.

Respect of rank is afforded by order. Respect of the individual person must be earned. Otherwise, anyone over a certain age would be considered "respectable". I respect ability. I respect know how. Wisdom. Perseverance. Courage. And countless other qualities exhibited by Marines both young and old. What I won't do is **** on the graves of dead friends of mine by blindly affording "respect" (which by some people's definition means: "deference") to anyone who demands it.

Oddly enough, most of those who deserve the highest levels of respect and even deference, never need to demand a damn thing. That's kind of the funny thing about respect, you've got to give it away to receive it. Demanding it only makes it more elusive.

I too have the utmost respect for some of our membership here. I'm sure by now they know who they are as well Keg. The rest of you merry miscreants? Well at least I hate all of you equally 😉

Oh and hey by the way, Sgt7477 where'd you get the tattoos of the chevrons and the M16A2 done? They look great man. Really dig the detail on the rifle. What's on the other side of it in blue? Can't really make it out in the avatar pic.

That's why tradition says the oldest gets to eat the first piece of cake, right brother?
    At our great birthday the oldest and the youngest Marine share the first piece of cake which is cut by the highest ranking Marine,Semper Fidelis.

Oh and hey by the way, Sgt7477 where'd you get the tattoos of the chevrons and the M16A2 done? They look great man. Really dig the detail on the rifle. What's on the other side of it in blue? Can't really make it out in the avatar pic.
    Thanks, all tats done by a local artist who worked for many years outside of Fort Hood in Texas, the blue and many colors is a grenade, look at my profile page walking billboard for our beloved Marine Corps with more to come, Semper Fidelis.

Yeah I checked it out man good stuff. Just wondered why you chose the A2 service rifleor did the artist pick that, or am I seeing things wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    At our great birthday the oldest and the youngest Marine share the first piece of cake which is cut by the highest ranking Marine,Semper Fidelis.
    The point I was trying to make is the symbolism behind that tradition. The passing of knowledge from the previous generations of Marines on to younger generations, and that we must preserve both the past, present, and future of our Corps.

In other words, it's a two way street, that respect thing you were talking about.

Thread Information