Medical History? Will I get a DQ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does not really relate to your case at all. But, just as a point of reference. A Marine was just recently diagnosed with Aspergers in MOS school and is being discharged/sent home. Parents claim he had no prior history/symptoms. He first had difficulty following the material being taught and studying during his free time (couldn't maintain his focus). He is in linguist school which requires high ASVAB/DLAB scores and they claim he has a high IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Does not really relate to your case at all. But, just as a point of reference. A Marine was just recently diagnosed with Aspergers in MOS school and is being discharged/sent home. Parents claim he had no prior history/symptoms. He first had difficulty following the material being taught and studying during his free time (couldn't maintain his focus). He is in linguist school which requires high ASVAB/DLAB scores and they claim he has a high IQ.
    Wow, that's really tough luck for that Marine! Hard to say what happened there. I hope he does well in his endeavors at home.

The more I dig into my own medical history as a child, the more I'm realizing that a lot of misinformation is abroad. I really should have known this stuff sooner! My hope is that the medical record will reveal speculation and not actual diagnosis, as that seems to be a deal breaker.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What annoys me is how relatively minor these things are, and that they may be disqualifiers, when years ago they would not so much as even draw a comment from anyone nor raise an eyebrow. How times have changed, where everything is a big deal, not just with recruiting, but across the board. There are a lot of Marines who served their country in the past, and served it well, in combat and in peacetime, but under today's standards they'd be turned away at the recruiter's office. Sad commentary.

Super Moderator Platinum Member USMC 2571's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I dropped out of high school and when I enlisted, no one said a word, no one cared. All they cared about was that I would be able to be a Marine if I ended up graduating Parris Island. Period. They did not fuss over anything, worry themselves to death over a hundred items on the DQ list. End of sermon.

Thread Information