Shoe Insert Question
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Shoe Insert Question

Hello Marines, I am leaving for Parris Island in September (I couldnt figure out how to change membership status from Marine friend), and my feet have been sore lately. As in sore i mean the hurt like maybe a 4 out of 10 when/after I run in the arch and heel region. I think I would benefit from using a shoe insert now but my question is would using shoe inserts now such as superfeet blue, set me up for injury in bootcamp due to my feet getting used to them, and then not having them in bootcamp. I can push through the foot soreness I just want to go to and get through Parris Island as injury free as possible as I would like to stay in the Marine Corps for as long as possible. Thank you again

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your status on the forum has been changed from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ".
    Please fill out your entire profile asap to reflect the changes.

Congrats and best of luck.

The last I heard is you will be fitted in Boot Camp but that might have changed. Other Marines will be by to answer your question.

In the meantime you can view other threads about shoe inserts under your post " Similar Threads "

You can't take inserts to bootcamp with you. But, it's possible your parents can mail them to you as soon as they receive your mailing address. Using them will be up to your Senior Drill Instructor (SDI). We mailed the Dr Scholls active inserts to my niece when she was at PI and she was allowed to keep/use them.

FYI. While in bootcamp, you'll make a shopping trip to the Recruit Exchange once each phase (so 3 trips total). You'll be issued a preloaded debit card worth $300.00 to purchase personal items like soap, toothpaste, stamps, etc. They do sell inserts at the Recruit Exchange but those may not be the quality you're used to. This platoon is coming back from its first shopping trip:

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Sir. I have decided after researching online I will not get the inserts now, because I dont want my foot to become used to it.

Thread Information