An Open Letter to our Membership! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Yep. And presumably your experience in the Corps and in Law Enforcement would have taught you that sometimes we are duty bound to stand up and have the intestinal fortitude to call BS when we see it.

Kill.
    brother, you're right to a point, yet on many forums, too many take what's said personally, so i have a simple rule... don't wear your feelings on your sleeve,take what you want, leave what you can and move on.

Which oddly enough is my point as well! My feelings aren't the ones that necessitated this letter, nor do I allow people here (or elsewhere on the Internet) to get under my skin. My original post was merely an observation. I try not to take myself too seriously, ever! It's unfortunate that there are some who cannot accomplish the same detatchment. It's all good man, and by the way, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Which oddly enough is my point as well! My feelings aren't the ones that necessitated this letter, nor do I allow people here (or elsewhere on the Internet) to get under my skin. My original post was merely an observation. I try not to take myself too seriously, ever! It's unfortunate that there are some who cannot accomplish the same detatchment. It's all good man, and by the way, welcome.
    amen brother-guess we're in a class of our own...thank you sir for the welcome mat! now, if i could figure out where to introduce myself here... guess it's old age that can't figure out something that's supposed to be easy to find.. *slaps forehead*!

Yeah well apparently not everyone around here has the thick skin that they should've grown while in the service. Too much butthurt over simple stuff, but I guess it takes all kinds. They're just not MY kind if you know what I mean. I'm just hoping maybe they get the message...

Damnit I'm rambling. Sorry. The wife made me drink a bottle of wine tonight. Makes me chatty.

one must also understand the difference between justifiable anger and butt-hurt anger.. and to have an opinion on just about anything should not get you perma-band ether,, that ticks me off to no end.. and if that gets me band then so be it..

this banning by ownership is what happens when people who have never served in the Military buy a web site that Marines frequent,, I have a lot to think about now,,

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The simple answer is this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally don't believe in censorship but I do follow the Terms of Service and the SOP of the forum.

Here comes the simple answer, wait it's coming.... We have different forums and sub-Forums here where one can post. " Open Forums " are where anyone can access the content here. " Marine Only " Forums are where only registered Marines can view and post.

Those that make repeatedly " Wrong Choices " on where they post their comments and threads over and over and over again , that know the terms of service and chose not to make the " Right Choice " and subject children, non Marine members and potential future members to there gripes, complaints about members and content, foul language, and everything imaginable should not be here.

Pat, I did see your post about banned members and you named one in particular in " Open Squad Bay " this morning. It is still there even tho it is where everyone can read
    and that happens to be my non-political thread !

It's all about " Choices "....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you for your post and comments. You are correct as I previously stated, I am not a Marine and i did buy a minority position in a website Marines frequent. You have every right to leave Leatherneck due to that fact, if you decide to leave, please let Rocky know by PM.
    Thanks

GaryW

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    The simple answer is this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally don't believe in censorship but I do follow the Terms of Service and the SOP of the forum.

Here comes the simple answer, wait it's coming.... We have different forums and sub-Forums here where one can post. " Open Forums " are where anyone can access the content here. " Marine Only " Forums are where only registered Marines can view and post.

Those that make repeatedly " Wrong Choices " on where they post their comments and threads over and over and over again , that know the terms of service and chose not to make the " Right Choice " and subject children, non Marine members and potential future members to there gripes, complaints about members and content, foul language, and everything imaginable should not be here.

Pat, I did see your post about banned members and you named one in particular in " Open Squad Bay " this morning. It is still there even tho it is where everyone can read
    and that happens to be my non-political thread !

It's all about " Choices "....
    thanks you for clarifying it for me Rocky and GaryW, I do appreciate it.

and you're right about no posting certain content in wrong areas, things at times can get heated..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for understanding Pat.

Credits
    Savings
    ^^^^

it 's been a MONTH
    since that was posted -

like every other Marine on here
    I ALMOST know less now than i knew before .
    IF you think i have time to live LIFE in reverse
    OR to spend my time skipping thru here
    just to eyeball for a note on the wall -
    peek my head just enough to see where that
    last round impacted - not gonna happen "Spudley"
    this AIN"t gettin better thru Boredom

Not doing something IS in-fact an action
    IN and Of its-self

General Information, Terminal-Lance, SgtMajorWhatzhisName,
    and GaryW * , - civilian - stuck with paying for the check when he hits the drive thru window to pick up his HappyMeal - whoEVER thinks up
    the route where this boat is gonna float-
    or the bus is gonna drive -
    should for the good of the order-
    say something ????

NesPas ?

No news is most definitely not good news.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Apologies to all for my absence from LN for the past two weeks. I have been traveling non-stop for clients ( unrelated to LN ).
    Prior to my travels we had developed an updated plan for the operation of the forums.
    There were a few items that required additional research which we have back and plan is to post before the end of the week, Again my apologies to those of you above who thought nothing was happening!
    GaryW

Just not the same site that I joined YEARS ago. I am sorry but I enjoyed the banter here where we could get down and dirty and I liked the fact that you had to have thick skin to play the game. Not so any more. I probably will not be visiting this site much in the future. Good luck to all the friends I have made on here but we are censored enough by our fvcking government.

SEMPER FI,
    OLE SARG

Just more political correctness run amuck.

Thread Information