Recruiter telling me to lie about my tonsillectomy?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruiter telling me to lie about my tonsillectomy?

I had my tonsillectomy when i was 4 in my parents home country (I was born in the us) and had my tonsillectomy done there when the problem came up. So now that i am enlisting my recruiter is telling me to not say anything about my tonsillectomy as they will ask for medical papers that i cannot retrieve.

I don't want to lie to meps but isn't tonsillectomy common and doesn't require papers or am i mistaken?

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A Marine Corps Recruiter would not tell you to lie !

Just be honest. You're going to get a MEPS physical anyway, and you can tell the doc about it then.

Any idea if a tonsillectomy requires papers/waiver?

Your recruiter should check with MEPS. In the meantime, practice your duck walk ...

I have already decided to disclose it at meps.I am just wondering if tonsillectomy require papers for it or not.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    An uncomplicated tonsillectomy probably requires nothing special. But MEPS will tell you for certain. In all my years on this forum, I've never heard of a poolee needing a waiver or anything of the sort for a tonsillectomy.

Thanks for the information i feel more positive about the outcome of telling them.

Then dont lie and tell them what you need to tell them. its you who is going to go to jail not him.

I Will be telling them.I won't lie and i wouldn't do it. Don't think starting a career by lying is a good decision.

Not to mention they will be able to tell if you have tonsils or not as soon as you open up and say ahh.

Went to meps today and disclosed everything. No paperwork was required and i swore in.

Congratulations! The truth never hurts.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yshaban View Post
    Went to meps today and disclosed everything. No paperwork was required and i swore in.
    Congrats.

You should send a PM to Rocky C and ask him to change your status on the forum from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP " lol....

Congrats Poolee!

Thread Information