Confused about steps to enlisting
Create Post

Confused about steps to enlisting

So right now I am in school finishing up my undergrad, I went and saw a recruiter about a month ago and he is helping me train to meet physical standards. I plan on enlisting after Christmas this year. Is there a specific date and time that poolee's do their IST's? Also Im not even sure I am a poolee, I don't think I am yet. The recruiting office that I go to we have training every tue. and wed. and when I go the poolee wear their blue marine shirts and the guests wear white. I am a guest. So at what point do I become a poolee? Also there was an IST yesterday and everyone was invited to come, I thought that IST's are done when you are actually enlisting. Can you do them even if you aren't enlisting yet? How does this all work? Like lets say Christmas is over and I'm physically ready, what do I do? Do I go take my IST do well and then ship out for boot camp? Is there a specific date I have to be physically read by? I searching this stuff up online but Im just not sure I understand. It seems you can take the IST as many times as you want for practice?.....

Similar Threads:

Nobody here is a recruiter.

You should be asking your recruiter all these questions - not us.

As Top stated, these are all questions you can ask your recruiter. He/she is your go to person for these types of questions and they will give you the best answers. But here are some basic answers.

1) You're not a poolee until you pass MEPS and DEP in; until then, you're not officially a poolee. You're a guest in their office at the moment.

2) You can do any type of PT with the recruiters office, but since you're not yet a poolee and haven't completed a MEPS physical, you will sign a hold harmless agreement that says your recruiter and the Marine Corps are not responsible should something happen to you during PT.

3) How fast you ship will depend on the MOS you choose, how fast your paperwork moves through the system, how many (if at all) waivers you require etc. Generally, your recruiter can give you a tentative ship date once you become a poolee.

4) You can take the IST any time your recruiter has one. It's not official for you but it'll help you gauge where you are fitness wise and give your recruiter and idea as well. Once you DEP in, your IST scores will be recorded. That being said, PT is continuous. You should be doing it on your own time as well to prepare for bootcamp.

You're a guest until you enlist, then you're a Poolee, you do IST's usually once s month whenever you're recruiter wants to or at meps. Then you go to BootCamp, MCT, then mos school

Thread Information