height restrictions?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

height restrictions?

Hey guys, I'm 17 years old considering joing the Marines. One thing I'm a little worried about is the height restrictions. I've researched and I've found websites saying 78inches is the cut off, but I've also seen websites that have said 80inches is the cutoff. I'm in between 6'5 and 6'6 right now(probably closer to 6'5). I'm guessing right now I'm under the height restrictions, but being 17 there is always a possibility of growing more. I understand some jobs may have even stricter height restrictions than others, but would any type of infantry? Thanks

Similar Threads:

Back in my early days, we had a Marine who was 7' tall. He had to have custom made utilities and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdk57 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 17 years old considering joing the Marines. One thing I'm a little worried about is the height restrictions. I've researched and I've found websites saying 78inches is the cut off, but I've also seen websites that have said 80inches is the cutoff. I'm in between 6'5 and 6'6 right now(probably closer to 6'5). I'm guessing right now I'm under the height restrictions, but being 17 there is always a possibility of growing more. I understand some jobs may have even stricter height restrictions than others, but would any type of infantry? Thanks
    You should address your question to Marines; not "Hey Guys" !

finish you profile, and also you might want to check the similar threads, they may be able to help you out their..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How about Marines like Marine Squad Leader Hammer3 just said. There are Male and Female Marines on this forum and I think we've earned that right. You ain't on the block here kid. Get that profile squared away also with all fields filled out !

17 years old and 6'5" ??? Think NBA !!!

Marine Corps Height Requirement for Men.

The U.S. Marine Corps requires that men have heights between 64 in. and 80 in.

Best of luck to you.

Thread Information