Re enlistment with broken service
Create Post

Re enlistment with broken service

I couldn't find an appropriate place to post this so i chose open discussion. So i was just released from the Individual Ready Reserves and was looking to reenlist either into the Army or back into the Marines, i served from 09 to jan 2013 and im really thinking about going back in full time but i don't want to go back in as an armorer, i've read the maradmin talking about they were letting people reenlist with certain MOS's like marsoc and recon, well i just recently retook my asvab and scored the gt needed for that and talked to a recruiter and they sort of keep ****ing me around avoiding me either because of my tattoo waiver or what not. i have a reenlistment code 1A so i know im good i just want to know what you guys know, am i able to reenlist into a different MOS? or are they only letting those people back in ? or would i have to go straight to II duty? if someone could point me in the right direction id greatly appreciate it.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 02-23-16 at 08:05 AM. Reason: No cursing on an open forum !!!

as you know from being a Marine,, it is all on what the Corps needs,, and if they have the open slots, there are so many that want to join right now that, they can be very selective..

others will be along that have better information, and I am sure they will let you know in no uncertain terms, so I hope you have a thick skin,,lol,,

best of luck..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I sent you a PM about your jacked up profile.
    No cursing on an open forum.
    If you are going to join and text to the forum at 0316 hours try and use proper grammar and punctuation.

Under your post you will see similar threads. Click on anyone for more info until Marines come by to answer your question in more detail.

Best of luck to you.

My old experience, 1982 and 1985 time frame.

When I re-enlisted back into the Active Duty Marine Corps, I was given my old MOS. I was given duty station to pick. I was only allowed a 2-year enlistment, and I was RE-1A.

When I enlisted into the Army, I was given a choice of 5 MOSs that were hard to fill. Since I was prior service, those were my only options.

Thread Information