Looking for information
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Looking for information

Hi! I'm a girlfriend of a Marine. I'm looking for anyone who served with Rickey Calvin Umbarger from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Here's my problem. Rick is in a coma due to a motorcycle wreck. His son said he was getting his benefits started then he changed the story to Rick's not eligible because he didn't apply for benefits before the accident. Needless to say, Rick's son and I don't get along. I just want to get help for Rick, something I believe he is entitled to. I had often asked him why he didn't go to the VA and he said it was because other veterans could use the benefits more than he could.

I'm here trying to get Rick's service dates. I believe he enlisted sometime in 1982 in Tulsa. He graduated high school in 1980. His date of birth is Oct. 13, 1962. I believe he was in for 7 maybe 8 years. He has his picture taken with 3 of the Presidents. He was a guard at the Beirut embassy when it was blown up by a suicide driver. He liked to run, he got an award or medal or something because he was good at shooting things from far off. he was the youngest person to get moved up in rank or maybe moved up in rank really fast. Rick is about 6'2", blue eyes, he shaves his head now, I'm not really sure what color his hair would have been. He met a girl in England and brought her back to the states with him and later married. I believe he played soccer and this his how he met Julia.

I realize I've been vague on so much and this could be any hundreds of Marines. I've tried to get information from his son and it's not happening. I apologize for not knowing the correct terminology. I'm trying to get his DD214, his son is not willing to help me (cause he's already tried or so he says) and his daughter doesn't know these dates either.

If anyone thinks they may have known Rick, please get in touch with me. Or maybe point me in another direction as to how I can get this information.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Thank you for your service and God Bless.