Corps: Past/Present/Future - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Billy - and your point is?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman73 View Post
    I think(know) some grunt units on the left coast have two man rooms. Not sure about ruling out completely the whole squad bay living quarters.
    Tiara, are those rooms air conditioned and heated with carpet? I wouldn't stand for anything less. I'd whop all my D.I.'s ass'es if they tried that maggot **** on me. I'm French and English and they ain't gonna discriminate against me. I wouldn't want breakfast in bed, but I would demand a menu at meal time. Ain't no gung-ho D.I. gonna tell me what to eat. Also, do they have internet and HD television in their rooms. I couldn't make it without MTV and my computer to keep my Ho's in line. Also, there's no damn way I'm gonna work on week-ends. Week-ends is my time.....I don't care if the Gunny or C.O. likes it or not. I'll whop their ass too. Those days are over, where you have to obey orders that conflict with your good times.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Billy - and your point is?
    My point brother, is that when I wasn't killing gooks I was masturbating . Would have been nice to have had some help. We didn't get to lay up in Da Nang every week-end, like you'll did.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Billy, I like your posts about the Marine Corps not telling you what to do. You tell em!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Amazing, the differences between eras, based on not only technology, but lots of things, like changes in society itself over the years. Interesting.

I do wish we would've had R&R that included beer and hookers though. That's one thing that's changed for the worse about the way the Corps does business. Hahaha!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I remember that after a PRT in Puerto Rico, our CO, a major, had, at the end of the run portion of the PRT, two or three thirty gallon drums of beer on ice. A nice surprise. I doubt if that would happen nowadays, on duty like that.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    But regarding change, there isn't one thing that has NOT changed since the beginning of history. That's the one thing we can count on---change. And as society goes, so goes the Corps, sooner or later. It can't stay completely divorced from society for very long. But thank goodness it is one of the last places where you find dumb changes.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Past, present, or future the Corps will always the finest and most fierce fighting force to grace this planet.

Whether it be the Revolution, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, or Iraq/Afghanistan.....the Corps will always get the short $hit end of the stick when it comes to things.

I would never compare my time in Afghanistan to anyone elses time anywhere else. I went without sleep for 3-4 days, I've gone weeks without a shower, only eating once a day, and rationing water so we didn't run out....if you've been a Marine in a combat zone this is normal and we still accomplish a mission a notch above every other service.

Just as a few pointed out they us newer guys can't talk about the past because we don't know, many of you older salts can't talk about the present because you as well don't know....none of us here can talk about the future because we don't know...hell there may come a time that the Corps and possibly even this country may not exist.

The Corps is the Corps and will always be the Corps no matter what any of us have to say or think about it.

Regarding the future, I'd re-up to be a space Marine for sure!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradomick View Post
    Regarding the future, I'd re-up to be a space Marine for sure!
    spaceship lazer gunner!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Well now Josephd.....I had an out of body experience a few days ago. During that episode I saw Camp Lejune in the year 2025. They were having a beauty contest called Miss.Camp Lejune 2025. The contestants was made up of Transgender Marines from various units. They had an evening gown contest, as well as a bikini contest. Of course the gowns and bikinis were camo. They flew in Honorary Marine Catlyin Jenner, Boy Floyde , and Little Richard to be the Judges. Also, the Emcee was our first openly gay Commandant, General Poop Packer.

And then, after dreaming dreams of curvy Marine trannys dressed in their tightest green on green, Mongoose awoke to discover the first raging boner he's had since his EAS!

While standing in a pool of gas I bet you play with matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Tiara, are those rooms air conditioned and heated with carpet? I wouldn't stand for anything less. I'd whop all my D.I.'s ass'es if they tried that maggot **** on me. I'm French and English and they ain't gonna discriminate against me. I wouldn't want breakfast in bed, but I would demand a menu at meal time. Ain't no gung-ho D.I. gonna tell me what to eat. Also, do they have internet and HD television in their rooms. I couldn't make it without MTV and my computer to keep my Ho's in line. Also, there's no damn way I'm gonna work on week-ends. Week-ends is my time.....I don't care if the Gunny or C.O. likes it or not. I'll whop their ass too. Those days are over, where you have to obey orders that conflict with your good times.
    WOW. Hahahaha. Signs of the times. Ain't it great.

Thread Information